It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
What kind of doctor for a ganglion cyst?

Hi all,

I have a ganglion cyst on my thumb which has been present for a year but is now getting larger and with that, painful at times. Am wondering what is the best kind of doctor to see? Dematologist? Orthopedic doc?

Thanks in advance

zuzu

Old 02-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: What kind of doctor for a ganglion cyst?

Have you tried taping it? That worked for one I had on my foot. Otherwise, I'd suggest a dermatologist or an ortho who does only hands....depending on where it is and how big.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Thanks Titchou for your speedy reply!
Okay, I think I'll try my wonderful dermatologist first, hoping it just needs aspiration and no surgery. If the latter, I'll go to a hand ortho.

Cheers!
zuzu

Old 09-13-2012, 03:35 AM   #4
(male)

mx740 HB User

hi zuzu8, i stumbled upon your post on vertigo and i wonder if you can help me further understand my situation and if i could get better.

November 2011 I had my first severe vertigo attack around midnight, right after a exhausting day of activities. Movement made the dizziness worst. There was no infection nor ringing in ears. It lasted around 6 hours. I rested it out. After that I felt normal until April 12th 2012.
On April 11th I practiced 2.4km the day before the actual test. I did not sleep that night as I was energized with red bull. The next day, I passed 2.4km, but not before downing another can of red bull for energy. That night my surroundings stared to spin again, there was no ringing in my ears, movement made my dizziness worst. It was not as severe as the first attack. I rested it out and immediately went for a physically demanding camp the next day. I felt normal for the next 3 days. However I started to have weird sensations after that.
My symptoms started off with extreme fatigue, lightheadedness, frequent dropping sensations, unreal to surroundings, giddy spells (with cold sweats) and constant brain fog. KKH found infection in both my ears and throat on April 19th. After a week of antibodies and ear drops, my infection stopped. Rather than the dropping sensation which now minimized to when sitting, the below symptoms are constant (24/7) from 26th April until now.
Severity level (%)
When sitting down:
(80%)Constant internal movement when still (no visual disturbances)
(80%)Elevator stopping sensation
(80%)Rocking, swaying sensation (mainly back and forth, no visual disturbances)
(60%)Frequent nausea without vomiting
(90%)Unreal fainting sensation
(90%)Fuzzy, woozy sensation in eyes
(90%)Brain fog
When walking:
(90%)Brain fog
(90%)Constant hazy, fainting sensation
(90%)Fuzzy, woozy sensation in eyes
(80%)Uncomfortably floating, high sensation
(20%)Sudden rush of falling sensation (only when standing still)

Additional details
Internal movements are somewhat relieved when Iím standing or in motion. (i.e. walking, running)
Feels better if my head is resting on a solid surface. If not, my body feels like it is unable to recognize its position in space and rocking sensation starts.
When train or car stops, I still feel like Iím moving forwards with it.
Symptoms generally gets worst throughout the day.
No boat or plane trips this year.
Rare episodic pain in the upper back of neck. Movement worsens the pain.
Light smoker and drinker for 2 years
No migraine history.
Stress and anxiety (precipitations rather than causes)
Betahistine does not relief symptoms
VNG detected unilateral weakness 62% to the right ear, but second VNG test was completely normal
MRI with contrast was normal
VEMP test was normal
Dix hall pike testing did not reveal any abnormalities

These symptoms are constant every moment throughout these few months and its extremely debilitating. It is severely impacting of life and studies. Emotional distresses are also consistent.
Thank you for your time zuzu8

Closed Thread