It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
(male)

mikide HB User
frequent cramps or muscle pulls?

About a year ago I started having either cramps or muscle pulls every now and then but now it is more frequent, it happens is 2 ways and usually would happen on it's own on either leg or abdomen section around the rib area or if I make a sudden twist or strenuous movement, I find it is happening more on the right side of my ribs lower down from the armpit. I would feel a muscle cramp up into a bunch and will take a few seconds to go down or back to normal. Sometimes, if I am sitting and attempt to put on my shoe and have to put any stress on my arm to pull the shoe this occurs.

Doctor says since the problem is not there when I see him he can't really pinpoint anything in particular which may be causing this, anyone here have any ideas please?

Old 02-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

Augustusine HB UserAugustusine HB User
Re: frequent cramps or muscle pulls?

Thanks for this. Do you also get it if you are in a car and turn either to right or left whilst sitting? It was like all being crushed at times. I saw my doctor about it and also a problem with pulling in the left calf and it felt as though there was a lump there. He ordered an ultrasound of lump and a lumber spine CAT scan ordered, (nothing wrong with the leg) and feels that both symptoms might be caused by back problems and due to spondylitis if that is any help. I don't know much about spondylitis but am going to find out.

Last edited by Augustusine; 02-07-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
(male)

mikide HB User

Yes, any sudden twist either while sitting or standing causes it, thing with me is it is not only happening in the rib, while showering today, I used me left arm to soap the middle of my upper back and I fell the lump twinge on my back, same thing happens once in a while in my legs if I stretch it out.

I did a lot of reading to day on google and found that this is a very common problem but no one knows what causes it, I was only able to find out that Potassium supplement helps ease the frequency of it.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
(female)

At times it struck me even on the toilet, when I'd reach to get paper. It isn't there all the time either. It is just so hard to believe it is all coming from my back. The only thing I can think of is perhaps when I fell off the ladder with the paint tin, about four years ago, I may have done something then. I got up and brushed myself off and didn't think about it any more except for how clumsy I'd been.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #5
(male)

mikide HB User

Yes, same deal with me happens anywhere, anytime. I highly doubt this has anything to do with being injured, in my case what is a little different from most is that I have to burp a little whenever this happens leading me to think that it may be "gastric" related?

Last edited by moderator2; 02-08-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: disallowed website - please review the rules for websites

Old 02-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
(female)

It helps to know when someone else is going through same problems. May we both get answers.

Closed Thread