It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User
what do you do if someone turns blue during a seizure

and not breathing or at least i think not breathing.

I googled and really not alot of results. It's one of those bad seizures , grand whatever and then no more shaking, turning blue and not being alert after its over.

On google , i found this

Don't perform artificial respiration during a seizure, even if the person is turning blue. Most seizures are over long before brain damage from lack of oxygen begins.

My comprehension of that is do nothing and they will die????? I don't understand that quote.

Im saying this because my sister had a seizure today . Took her to doc after and he is like, well i guess we need to up the meds with an i don't really care attitude. My sister is also blind and carbozamine, 3 pills a day.

Just can't believe not really any topics on the net about this.

ps: was my sister unconscious and breathing or really not breathing and dying?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: what do you do if someone turns blue during a seizure

Someone having a grand mal seizure may not be breathing during the seizure but will usually begin to breathe (very swallow) once it stops. You can listen for breath sounds by her mouth to see if you can hear her breathing once she stops shaking.

If she is worried about not breathing, have her ask her doc about having a tank of oxygen around to give her some oxygen after she stops seizing.

some people do have problems with not breathing and even going into cardiac arrest with a grand mal and I urge you and others around her to get a CPR course from the Red Cross so you know what to do if that happens. They can teach you how to find her pulse and check for breathing and how to start her heart if needed and do artificial respirations for her until she comes around.

Always good to be prepared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User
Re: what do you do if someone turns blue during a seizure

wish i never asked now,
Not sure what you mean , if she is worried about not breathing.

The doc didnt seem to be to concerned,

she is handicap and blind, she doesnt' ask anyone anything. Mom does it

First one she has had in a long time, she used to get one about 2 times a year, last one before this was 2 years ago, one before that was ten years ago, so just wish i knew why she had one today instead of doc saying up the med.

Closed Thread