It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #1
(male)

romans5202 HB User
Pain, pressure, jugular?

I've been fighting with various symptoms for about a year now, but these symptoms are more specific to tonight.

Currently I have what feels like a pulled muscle on the left side of my neck. I also have a slight burning sensation on the outside of my left bicep, and earlier today I had shoulder pain on both sides. Additionally, I have had abdominal pain on and off today. A little while ago I had nausea and when I tried to throw up, I wasn't able to bring anything up and when I looked in the mirror, I noticed my left jugular was gigantic and bulging. It eventually shrunk down a bit, but I feel like that side of my neck is larger than normal. (I could just be imagining it, or it could just be the fact that we aren't perfectly symmetrical) Also, when I was trying to sleep, my breathing would suddenly calm down randomly (suddenly, not gradually). I keep having bouts of lightheadedness (even now as I type this) and I feel like I'll fall over or faint (I've never fainted before, so I guess I don't really know what that's like)

I'm just worried about what it could be. I am unable to sleep because of it and I hope it's nothing serious.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it!

Old 03-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

vaness447 HB User
Re: Pain, pressure, jugular?

Jugular vein distention can accompany serious vascular and heart conditions. Seek immediate medical care (call 911) for chest pain or pressure, shortness of breath, pale skin or pallor, bluish coloration of the lips or fingernails, profuse sweating, difficulty breathing or rapid breathing (tachypnea), rapid heart rate (tachycardia), increasing fatigue or weakness (loss of strength), or change in level of consciousness.

If your jugular vein distention is persistent, worsens, or otherwise causes you concern, seek prompt medical care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread