It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
(male)

Robmas HB User
Exclamation Cant figure out whats wrong, I desperately need help. Please.

Fatigue, pallor, black-maroon stool, pain in body, lump in left side of neck towards the back, burning in stomach with nausea, frequent infections, heart palpitations, and night sweats/chills. I have had all of this plus a little bit more for 2 months and I have yet to figure out what it is, im not anemic my general lab work comes back normal, im really scared for my life I need help figuring out what this might be.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

social357 HB Usersocial357 HB User
Re: Cant figure out whats wrong, I desperately need help. Please.

I have no idea what it might be, but hang in there. I've been undiagnosed for 9 years and it is terrifying at times. Some days I just cry all the way to work and all the way home (ok, sometimes I cry AT work too). Our health is most of our livlihood, but not all. I was listening to a CD on mindfulness recently and the narrator said, "If you're lisetning to this, there is more RIGHT with you than wrong with you." It was a helpful insight to me. I might have a symptom list and medical history 3 pages long, but MOST of my body is working correctly, and it's important to keep that in mind. Even if I die next month from this, I will have lived better knowing that there is a lot RIGHT with me too.

(horrible to think, when I wrote that about dying, I thought that they would be able to come up with an autopsy result much quicker than 9 years. Why can they diagnose the dead faster than the living?)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
(female)

kaper777 HB User

Could you have a bleeding ulcer? That can cause fatigue and dark stools and cause frequent infections and also heart problems. Blood in the stomach would cause the nausea. Go to a GI.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi, sounds like you've been to a dr. maybe your primary care for bloodwork? the burning in stomach and nausea sounds like GERD/reflux or an ulcer I have reflux that causes terrible nausea and my dr. told me to take prilosec OTC but check with yours first.

symptoms of type ii diabetes are night sweats and infections that don't heal. easy to manage if that's the case, again check with your dr. did they check your glucose in your general lab work?

The black-maroon stool could be related to the ulcer thing. THe heart pap. thing could be anxiety over the whole thing I know I would.

The GI dr. doesn't sound like a bad idea. Let us know how it goes, ok? CJ

Old 06-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

What does your doctor think the lump in your neck is? That may be related to the night sweats, fatigue and pallor, and should be checked out with an ultrasound or CT scan. I agree with others that your stools sound like bleeding from high in the GI tract. I want to stress that this is not a "do-it-yourself" kind of problem. With your symptoms, you might be best off going to an emergency room for this reason: You might have to wait 2-3 weeks to see a GI doc, and bleeding in the GI tract is urgent and requires immediate care. Did your doc check your stool for blood? An easy, quick test. The GI doc will probably not deal with the neck lump, and I would consider that urgent as well, depending on the size of it, etc. If you go to the ER you will get care immediately for all these things and some answers much quicker. I would try to take with you the results of any tests you have had done thus far for comparison purposes if you have access to them without waiting.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
(male)

Gpg HB User

Hi, Have you not had any GI diagnostic tests? If so, were they all normal. What are your doctors telling you?

Old 08-31-2012, 02:05 AM   #7
(male)

Robmas HB User
Thumbs down Re: Cant figure out whats wrong, I desperately need help. Please.

It has been a while since this post and I am still alive obviously haha. Basically what happend was that I just gave up because I wasnt getting answers and I didnt see a GI although I did have an appointment. I had many tests that you all suggested and they came back normal. I still have most of these symptoms, but im just going to try to live with them. Final diagnosis from the doctors. A virus that will go away eventually

Closed Thread