It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
(female)

Benidormbelle HB User
Pimple size hard lump on foot?

Last summer I noticed a small pimple size white lump on my inner right leg, just above the ankle joint. I touched the lump and it was hard, but I had no irritation or pain and so thought no more about it. I was on holiday in the med and thought maybe it was a insect bite. However, this same lump has not grown in size but has turned a reddish colour. I still have no pain or irritation from it, but it protrudes in a way I am fearful of catching it and it coming off. Im trying to get into my G.P. but I know if I make a request to see a dermatologist he will want me to take pills and potions first (their answer to everything). Any suggestions please.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
(female)

zipster HB User
Re: Pimple size hard lump on foot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benidormbelle View Post
Last summer I noticed a small pimple size white lump on my inner right leg, just above the ankle joint. I touched the lump and it was hard, but I had no irritation or pain and so thought no more about it. I was on holiday in the med and thought maybe it was a insect bite. However, this same lump has not grown in size but has turned a reddish colour. I still have no pain or irritation from it, but it protrudes in a way I am fearful of catching it and it coming off. Im trying to get into my G.P. but I know if I make a request to see a dermatologist he will want me to take pills and potions first (their answer to everything). Any suggestions please.
Dont know if this will help but my friend has just been to her doctors yesterday with a large hard lump on the top/side of her foot and they said it was a ganglion cyst. They told her she can either live with it or have surgery but they arent anything serious. She also told her they are most common on the wrist and feet.

The Following User Says Thank You to zipster For This Useful Post:
Benidormbelle (04-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If it's a ganglion cyst, taping it firmly with athletic tape for about a week should get rid of it. Compressing it makes the fluid go away and the top mesh with the bottom.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Benidormbelle (04-24-2012)
Old 04-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
(female)

Benidormbelle HB User

I will try the tape method first, and fingers cross it works. I will update on here the results. I was thinking if it was possibly a ganglion cyst, thank you both for your responses.

Closed Thread