It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
(female)

WinterIsComing HB User
Is it possible to be incapable of fainting?

This is a weird thing I've noticed over my life. I currently suffer from POTs and low blood pressure, which can often cause fainting (especially when you have it as bad as I do) but I've never actually fainted, and it was the main reason it too so long for someone to diagnose me with it. I've literally had low blood pressure of 60/40, possibly lower, and still been conscious. It just doesn't seem normal. I also had extreme iron deficiency anemia when I was younger, and my doctor who diagnosed it was literally surprised I was still standing and walking around yet alone conscious. Is it possible that I literally can't pass out? I've come very close, especially that one time my blood pressure was 60/40, but... never actually passed out cold. I just get really incoherent and slur my words and stumble around, like I'm super drunk or something.

Am I just one tough kid, or could I have something different? My doctors don't seem to think much of it, but I know there's a lot of things out there they don't always think of and I'm more or less just wondering if there's anyone else out here who's experienced this kind of thing.

P.S. I was also diagnosed with mild autonomic dysnfunction. Not sure if that could have something to do with it...

Last edited by WinterIsComing; 05-10-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Is it possible to be incapable of fainting?

I would guess that you are one tough kid. In my experience, there are fainters and non-fainters. My sister was a fainter; there was nothing actually wrong with her, but one minute too long in the sun or in a stuffy room, over she went. I have also known people with similar conditions as you have who rarely if ever faint. It seems to be simply how you are made. Cheers, Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
anemia, autonomic dysfunction, fainting, low blood pressure