It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
(male)

kiratsinhjadeja HB User
Mild left chest, shoulder and left upper arm pain?

Hello,

I know that sounds like a heart problem but before going for an ECG, I thought I could ask it here.

I am 20 years old.On 16th May, I had a gallbladder removal due to gallstones.No attack but just a timely check up.It was 16mm in size and I had what they called acute cholecystitis.Lap surgery.

Now suddenly since past 10 days, I am having some occassional very mild pain on the left upper chest, shoulder and upper left arm.It is like if I am busy, then I may not even notice that it is paining somewhere.The first 3 days or so the pain was a bit more noticeable which scared me.

I visited the doctor who performed the surgery.He immediately did some check up like lifting my left arm and asking me to try and push against his force.Back and forth and asking me to fold it against his force, etc..He then pressed a point on both the ribs with his hands at the same time.And ofcourse checked with stethoscope.He said that he thought there was no cardiac problem and gave me 10 tablets for muscular spasm.

The course got over today.I still feel occassional mild pain at random times.I called the doc and he said that though he is sure that the result will be normal, I should get an ECG done.One time when I am sure it will happen is during the 2-3hours after dinner and before sleeping.When trying to sleep if it is paining in the shoulder, then it is mostly when I am turned to the left.As soon as I turn to the right, the pain goes away in a minute.Pain I mean here is the same, mild one.

Now that thing perplexed me.I can relate this shoulder pain to the one, I got after the surgery for 2-3 days when they had filled the air in my body.The pain then was very severe, and I had to sleep turned only to my left for the whole day, on the day of surgery (post-surgery).Turning to the left didn't make me feel the pain then.But this one is a very mild version of that and that too occassional.

I believe that this is due to gas and not a cardiac problem.Could it be due to gas or any other joint problem?I have a computer based career and sit on the computer for long hours, if that matters.

Thank you.

Last edited by kiratsinhjadeja; 07-02-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User
Re: Mild left chest, shoulder and left upper arm pain?

This might sound weird, but if it is a gas bubble, here is what you do... (I had to do this)

Get on your hands and knees, then onto your elbows, get the top part of your body as low to the floor as you can while your butt is up in the air. Stay there a few minutes. This will allow the gas bubble to move from your chest/shoulder on into your abdomen where you can later pass it, providing that's the problem.

It could be that you have a simple strain or a pinched nerve. Make sure you have good posture and lumbar support while your sitting at your desk.

I hope this was a little helpful. Best of luck to you! I hope it's just gas and nothing serious.

Closed Thread