It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
(male)

loserdumb HB User
Is something being done to increase the height of adults?

Please do not refer to Limb Lengthening surgery , as it is too much for a average person to undergo , the pain ,the waiting period ,the money.

I was wondering if there is any research going on to make healthy adults who are done growing ,grow taller.

Height increase has a big market and everyone one who has a Napolean complex will be keen on taking this.
Parents who want their kids to look appealing , Adults who find it hard to find partners, jobs , feel low on self esteem , find it hard to socialize , get hurt when people say things about their height ,will be on their toes to take such a treatment.

So ,is there anything at all being done about it?
I'm no doctor or medical professional , and they say it is impossible to increase the height of a fully grown adult. But is that hard a task for humans to do and such a hard one to achieve?

There is lot of progress happening in other fields , but in this I about hear no effort at all. Every doc I know has been programmed to say "It is not possible, this is all you get."
No chemicals that can restart the growth process?

Last edited by loserdumb; 07-08-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Is something being done to increase the height of adults?

Unless one has a pituitary dysfunction, I don't think there's any meds or treatments that can be done to increase height.
Your genes pretty much control that it seems.

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

When you go through puberty, the hormones seal off the growth plates, and your bones harden. No growth plates, no growing, except through that unpleasant limb-lengthening surgery. Giving growth hormone to adults may increase muscle mass, but it does not increase height

BEFORE puberty, growth hormone injections do increase height. But once the long bones are sealed, that's it.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
(male)

loserdumb HB User

Thank you both for your replies , but I have to spoken to docs about this and have got very similar answers.

Mine was more of a logical question , trying to find out why no one is doing anything about it.

They used to say the same thing about baldness. Hereditary , can only transplant follicles that managed to live , can only create an illusionary effect . But now Aderans Research is actually doing something about it.

Closed Thread