It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
(female)

sharklady HB User
Sudden chest pain on upper right side

I am 32 y/o female with no history of heart problems.
Monday morning I woke up with moderate/severe sharp pain in my chest on the right side above my breast. It is constant but there is sharp stabbing pain with deep breath or movement. Nothing seems to alleviate the pain. A couple of hours ago, I noticed that it is now moving into the center of my chest as well. I live an hour away from my doctor and am not sure if this is something serious enough to find a way to get there. I just know that it really hurts.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #2
(female)

Ethne HB User
Re: Sudden chest pain on upper right side

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharklady View Post
I am 32 y/o female with no history of heart problems.
Monday morning I woke up with moderate/severe sharp pain in my chest on the right side above my breast. It is constant but there is sharp stabbing pain with deep breath or movement. Nothing seems to alleviate the pain. A couple of hours ago, I noticed that it is now moving into the center of my chest as well. I live an hour away from my doctor and am not sure if this is something serious enough to find a way to get there. I just know that it really hurts.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I suffered similarly and X-Ray found I had fluid in a lung and round heart. Rather than risk infection by draining with a needle it was suggested it would dry up naturally and it did ! Scary though - I was sure the ticker was in trouble the pain was so sharp and I dare not move even to turn over.Hope you have it checked out soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

This is probably not heart, but unknown chest pain of any kind that persists for more than a day (or two depending on the severity) should be checked. Pain from deep breathe or movement could be bruised/cracked ribs (if you've had any injury), some kind of lung/respiratory issue, or muscle strain. It could also conceivably be heart, it just doesn't sound like that to me.

If you're in a lot of pain I would go in today. If is tolerable and seems mostly associated with movement I would give it another day.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I wouldn't wait. Women suffer heart symptoms very different than men....since it's been consistent and it's moving...best to get checked out asap.

Have you recently been doing exercise, had a fall or bad cold? etc?
Hope they'll do x-rays, blood tests and aleviate any possibilities.

Please let us know what's going on.
q

Last edited by quincy; 07-10-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Closed Thread