It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
(female)

MommaLyd HB User
New onset crescendoing migrating joint pain and muscle weakness - caffeine???

I can't figure it out. I will get a "twinge" in or around a joint in the upper part of my body, wrists, shoulders, now jaw. Over the next day or so this pain will become so intense that I cannot move or use the body part. It is not extremely sensitive to touch but every once in awhile the joint will swell and turn red. This all started a month ago or so. Nothing I try, heat, cold, NSAIDs, seems to stop it from happening. The pain is horrible at night. Once the pain reaches its worst, it will start to subside over the next day or so. However, it seems that my muscle around the area is so weak now that even menial household things will "pull" it and its starts over again. It has stayed limited to my upper body, not the trunk or back, but now this is the first time it has gone up into my TMJ joint in my jaw. I had a similar experience with nicotine patches years ago and have been ingesting A LOT of caffeine which I stopped doing about 5-6 days ago. So far, no difference. I have no insurance. I don't know what else to try. I have no idea, even after search and searching the web, as to what this can be. I really don't think its rheumatoid arthritis although some of the symptoms do seem to be the same. HELP!!! Anybody have any ideas???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
caffeine, joint pain, muscle weakness