It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
(male)

dietpepsi HB User
Hernia like symptoms but no pain or lump

About a week ago, a few days after my workout, I started feeling a straining like feeling in my right abdomen. I've felt something similar and it usually goes away in a few days so I didn't think much of it. But 5 days later the feeling was still there.

I started panicking thinking that maybe its a hernia because I feel a strange discomfort when I squat or bend over and put pressure on my right side. However I can't find a lump anywhere (possible because I'm overweight, hence the working out), and I don't really feel pain persay.

I was thinking that maybe it's a dietary issue because for the past 2 weeks I've had to feed myself with my weak culinary skills and lots of junk food. I have had some trouble defecating and I sometimes feel discomfort all over my right abdomen, not always the same spot. I feel almost gassy and have that "need to poop" feeling, but when I try, its really hard to pass (but not impossible).

But the most troublesome is the spot to the right of my belly button around my stomach. I can't find a lump anywhere, but if I'm laying down in a certain position and take a deep breathe, I feel a strange discomfort and I start feeling almost winded. Pressing down on my stomach in a squat position and feeling that sensation sometimes makes me need to pass gas.

I'm going to see a doctor, but I'm just so baffled at what it could be. I don't really feel it when walking around or doing some busy work, but when I bend over or squat or lean in a certain way, I'm reminded of it.

Everytime I think I found a "lump," I feel something similar on the opposite side thats not having problems. But I'm not sure if I'm paranoid about having a lump, or trying to justify it as not being a lump. Either way, theres definitely something "wrong" in my lower right abdomen.

I definitely mostly feel the "pressure" when bending over like when I'm seated and leaning forward. I have to lean back in my chair to relieve the pressure. It's not really pain though.

Last edited by dietpepsi; 07-12-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread