It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
(female)

flores3146 HB User
Staph Infection

My sis in law has developed a staph infection on her face. She went to the dr. and they believe that caught it early - this morning it has come to a head and is weeping quite a bit. I just want to know, if its weeping - is that a good thing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Staph Infection

It is not good or bad, but the fluid can be contagious so she should not touch it nor should anyone else. If it is impetigo, it is not serious, is superficial and will heal completely without scarring. That kind of staph infection can cause large, weeping lesions with a honey colored ooze that crusts over. Other staph infections cause more pimple like lesions filled with white pus. It is good it was caught and treated early.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
(male)

KrisMcK HB User
Exclamation Re: Staph Infection

Quote:
Originally Posted by flores3146 View Post
My sis in law has developed a staph infection on her face. She went to the dr. and they believe that caught it early - this morning it has come to a head and is weeping quite a bit. I just want to know, if its weeping - is that a good thing?
No weeping is no good the infection is still active.

I went through staph infections quite a few times including septic arthritis in my knee joint - I was hospitalized for 17 weeks and had IV antibiotics every six house via a catheter from my arm to my right atrium! I almost died and it was cause by a skin infection that wouldn't go away for very long always came back. I was cured with Vancomycin and cephazoline IV for 17 weeks! I'm just starting to walk again . I was in extreme pain they had to give me the dilaudid version of OxyContin called HydroMorph Contin available only in Canada its 3.5 X stronger than OxyContin. They administered a total of 92 mg a day equivalent to 480 mg of morphine a day!! I'm being tapered down and only taking 30mg of long acting morphine a day.
That infection scared me to death!! They were considering amputating my leg as they were worried the infection could be spread to heart and lungs. I chose against the amputation and remained on extremely high doses of last resort antibiotics! The guy with cancer my room mate in the hospital was going through chemo his side effects were milder than mine!

The moral of the story: Treat all staph infections very seriously! There are resistant strains out there mine was an MRSA

Kris

Old 07-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
(female)

flores3146 HB User
Re: Staph Infection

Thank you and I'm so glad that you are doing much better.
God Bless!

Closed Thread