It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
(female)

dizzy3 HB User
POTS Dizzy, racing heart, can't walk....

Hi all! I'm a 32 yr old female that has been healthy my whole life, until 2 1/2 months ago. One day at work I was going back to my desk after break and my legs got really weak. I couldn't make it to my desk. My heart was racing, I was shaking uncontrollably, was having a hard time thinking, and was feeling like I was about to pass out any second. I went to the doctor and they have been doing tests ever since. I've had blood work to rule out any minor issues, numerous EKGs that showed I have tachycardia, a 24 hour holter heart monitor which also showed tachycardia, ECHO that showed my heart was healthy, and a tilt table test that was positive (I passed out). Now I'm on a high salt diet, a bata blocker, and steriods which aren't helping me return to normal activities. The only symptom of POTS that I don't have is I can stand still for several minutes but any physical activity makes me pass out. With POTS just standing will make a person pass out or come close to it. So now they say I have Vasovagal which doesn't fit my symptoms at all!!! I use a walker for stability and only leave the house for doctor appointments. I'm on FMLA but it's about to run out and I won't have a job or health insurance. I need help and the doctors aren't doing anything! Anyone have experience with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
pots, syncope, tachycardia, vasovagal