It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
(male)

unclechancre HB User
please help diagnose me!

greetings, ill try to keep this short & sweet...for over 2 months ive been having issues...it all started out of the blue one day at 5 am when i woke up out of a dead sleep thinking i was having a heart attack - shortness of breath, heart racing, and an unexplainable sickly feeling, etc, but it subsided and shortly after i got the chills & had frequent urination(5 times in an hour). then when i finally got to sleep, i woke up in a puddle of sweat...the following day i felt like a million bucks. this has happened 4 to 5 times...and recently ive been having dizziness, lightheadedness, a discomfort in my chest after eating along with alot of burping and just a feeling like im not myself, sometimes like a zombie...ive lost 50 lbs in less than 2 months, which is good, but not under these circumstances...as a result of these "episodes" ive been to urgent care once and the hospital 3 times, having numerous blood tests, chest xrays, ekgs, ultrasounds on heart and legs, chemical stress test and even a heart catheter(angiogram), with the end result being that my heart is good and im a big guy(6'4", 450lbs) and still a bit worried about my heart, but the test results are reassuring...docs think its gerd or sleep apnea, i think it may be those or gallbladder, allergic reaction to lisinopril(for hypertension), anxiety, some severe digestive issue, or a combination...anxiety doesnt make sense, because im not panicky or depressed or stressed out...i know i need to lose weight but it seems like i felt better when i was heavier... is my body chemistry changing(im 32 years young)? is my body telling me to slim down? i cant go on like this!...any suggestions, opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated...thanks alot!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 04:14 AM   #2
(female)

powergrub HB Userpowergrub HB Userpowergrub HB Userpowergrub HB User
Re: please help diagnose me!

I have had episodes where I wake up out of a deep sleep, my heart starts to race like wild, I get extremely shaky -like my body is ice and my entire body goes through this weird contracting - like all my muscles get very tight and contracted and then it subsides and then about one minute later it happens again....

When this first started happening I thought it was a heart attack because my heart was literally pounding out of my chest and I would have lose of feeling in my arms like tingling or falling asleep of my arms - to the point that I would wildly start to move them in circles to get my circulation back etc.

During these episodes I shake horribly and have to put on tons of clothes even if it is 100degrees outside because I get the sense of icy cold as my heart races and my body goes through these weird contractions....

I have not undergone any tests except for the heart and my heart is fine.....

I believe I was reacting to some medication that I take daily - I changed the medication and it hasn't happened since - it has been about one year.

I also felt sick afterwards and had high anxiety due to the severity of the attacks....but they only happened once a month or so - maybe twice a month and always out of sleep - or while resting.....and I would be steeped in sweat afterwards too (even though I felt icy cold)

I had been on a medication for many, many years - I must have developed a reaction to it - I don't know how I knew it was the medication???? I just asked if my doctor could change it and they did.....and so far so good.

The medication was for pain and I am allergic to most narcotic pain meds anyway -

Hope this helps.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Welcome to the boards!

I certainly can't give you a dianosis, but I think that your doctor has a good idea that it might be sleep apnea. You can have the verified by having a sleep study done. My hubby has it, and would stop breathing for over 60 seconds at a time which caused the feeling of a heart attack with palpitations...

Your weight may be causing you to have issues. It certainly isn't in your best interests to be carrying that much weight.This may be your body trying to tell you it's time to make a change. The fact that you lost this amount of weight so quickly is causing your metabolism and your normal functions to do a quick adjustment. don't miscount stress. The fact that you have been having these issues can cause a stress reaction-even if you don't think so. Medical health issues can be a stresser...I don't think it sounds like gallbladder. Gallballder attacks happen all the time, not just in the night...
You might try elevating your pillow at night so that your head is higher. that could help the GERD-if it is one of your issues.

Do you exercise? You might want to ask your doctor to suggest a good weight loss plan for you. Once you get started on a regime, you may find that these things will settle down or disappear.

good luck and keep us posted.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
(male)

unclechancre HB User

thanks for the comment, hope all is well with you

Old 07-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
(male)

unclechancre HB User

thanks for the advice ibake&pray, although my episodes happen at all times of the day, i will take your suggestions into consideration...thanks alot!!! ill keep everyone updated

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, gallbladder, gerd - physical issues, lisinopril, sleep apnea