It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

miansl HB User
bunion surgery with pins recovery with boot

Hi guys,

I have a question for those of you who used a bunion boot after surgery-

I had a bunion removed (shaved/broken toe and realigned with a permanent plate and pin inserted) about 4 weeks ago. I used crutches for the first 3 weeks but now am able to walk on my heel. I ordered a 'bunion boot' from the US- as here, in the east coast of Canada they only wrap up the foot and finding this boot was very difficult- So I was wondering if any of you wore this boot while having the pins in your foot? It comes with a sock that separates the big toe from the rest of the toes and i feel if i put it on it will cause a lot of pressure on the pin...is this this okay? has anyone else used this boot in recovery? My doctor said it's okay to wear the boot or i could cut the front of and old shoe and walk on that with my heel....no one around here really knows what a bunion boot is and i am assuming the doctor thought of it as a generic cam/walk boot (although the 2 are very similar in structure) :P

any help would be appreciated...

Last edited by miansl; 08-14-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread