It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

prissyb HB User
Question Tarlov Cyst

I am looking for help , i hurt my back in dec 2011 , i have been struggling
i have had physical therapy , Facet injections and S I injections , after having the S I injections i have been hurting way worse , during the appt in which the s i injections was being done i was screaming in pain the dr knew
i was hurting really bad , since then i have gotten worse daily cant sleep cant stand or sit for long with out causing increase in pain , today i have noticed i am not empting my bladdar all the way , after the injections the dr had me have another mri at that time they said they seen cyst on my s1 i had another mri with contrast and it was confirmed , where my problem is now is i am on workers comp due to the injury to my back , i was diagnosed with Sacroiliac joint dysfunction , Degenerative arthritis of spine and LUMBAR RADICULOPATHY, ATYPICAL and now Tarlov cyst , the dr said that his was not caused by the injury but i had no problems before that day , and had the same amount of pain untill i recieved the S I injections and since that time i have gotten worse almost daily , my job has made me contiue to work 40 hrs a week and i have not been able to do this , i am having to go to all the dr office threw workers comp and get my medcial records so i can take them to my dr , workers comp says i have reached maxium medical improvement and they will be taking me off workers comp , they said tarlov cyst are not caused from injury , but i never had a problem till after i was injuried has anyone experienced any of this before , tarlov cyst with an injury or a true cause of these cyst

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Tarlov Cyst

Welcome to the board. I'm sorry you are in pain and having difficulty with Workman's comp.

I'm not sure you have been given accurate information concerning Tarlov cysts. What causes Tarlov cysts has not been proven scientifically, but there are known conditions that create increased pressure in the spinal fluid. This increases the flow of the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) into the cysts, which causes them to get bigger and results in symptoms.

Trauma to the spinal cord, an increase in the CSF pressure, or a blockage of the CSF can result in cyst formation. This trauma can be caused by things such as a difficult childbirth, falls, automobile accidents, heavy lifting, and epidurals.

It is entirely possible that your bladder problems are a result of the irritation to the sacral nerve or nerves as a result of the Tarlov cyst.

There are a number of very good websites that will give you detailed information about Tarlov cysts.

Good luck to you. I hope you are able to get your issues resolved.

Closed Thread