It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
(female)

Ethel1975 HB User
My body is rebelling

I have been trying to figure out what is going on with my body for some time. I am on my third doctor in the past 3 years. At first, I had gained a lot of weight which was strange for me because before I had my son at age 27 I weighed less than 100 pounds all my life. Even after I gave birth I went down to 110 about 8 months after. In 2005 I was diagnosed with Tourrette's Syndrome and my doc put me on Risperdal. Within 6 weeks I gained 15 pounds. My doc then put me on Abilify instead but I still continued to gain. Not as quickly but it was still annoying. By 2008 I weighed around 140 or so and by 2011 I had gone up to 155. At this point I signed up for a martial arts class and went 3-4 times per week. Still I continued to gain, going up to 157. I took a break from class and since I have gone up to 164. I am only 5 feet tall. That's not the worst of it. In 2010 I started sweating a lot, even when I was doing simple things like washing dishes or folding clothes. This has gotten so bad that I don't even go outside during the summer. When I clean house I have to wear a bandana on my head or the sweat falls into my eyes. Along with all this I have suffered for years with daytime sleepiness yet I can't fall asleep at night. I also have chronic headaches, which started about 6 months ago. My vision has become blurry in the past 3 months. And to top it off, I now have rashes that have spread all over my mid-section. I am getting very frustrated because nobody seems to know what is going on. I figure more than likely, I have more than one issue going on but it scares me to think that with the weight gain even though I have no appetite, will continue to get worse and put strain on my cardiovascular system. Any help would be appreciated. I'll take sympathy as well at this point, ha ha.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
(male)

ultimadwarf HB User
Re: My body is rebelling

I'm only 13 so I probably wouldn't know but the medecine might be giving you weight and your vision is blurrier and your swearing is probly because you're stressed or something? Might be the medecine >.< sorry for any bad grammar

The Following User Says Thank You to ultimadwarf For This Useful Post:
Ethel1975 (08-26-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
(female)

Acey HB UserAcey HB User
Re: My body is rebelling

I'm sorry you are having multiple problems and aren't getting answers from the MDs. Of coure I have no idea what your personality or life is like at this time but I'm guessing that like many of us who were once "skinny" you may have become far less active once you became a Mom. Having a child/children is exhausting but it is not beneficial exercise for maintaining proper weigh and body tone. Having raised a fairly large family I know that my focus was on parenting and not on myself most of the time. Sleeping at night was difficult because I often had a crisis going with one of the children. Eating properly was often ignored because of being in a hurry or trying to feed the family on a limited budget.

Just want you to know you are not alone. My suggestion is to get a notebook or a calendar book just for YOU. Enter your daily activities including sleeping, bathing, eating, etc. and you "may" find that you're snacking more than you think, exercising less than you think and maybe there are time slots in your day that you can focus on active pursuit of some new healthy activity. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Ethel1975 (08-26-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
fatigued, head ache, rash, sweating, weight gain