It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

carlyxx HB User
scalp burn from dye

Hi i bleached my hair on friday twice stupid i know then i used a color garnier nutrise the same day i was a lil itchy but every thing was fine then i woke up yesterday my hair was orange so i used clairol nice and easy it was burning my scalp so after ten mins i washed it off i then used tressemme deep conditioner straight after and left it for half an hour i showerd and afterwards i looked in the mirron coz the front of mu scalp was irritating and noticed tiny dark flat red scabs and theres more throughout my scalp my head is irritating tingling and burning the tingles start suddenly and my neck ears and forehead itch too.. Iv also had a headache since the bleaching and am overly tired bit i have been staring at my laptop screen lookin for answers since yd afternoon. Also does any one know ifni will go bald? And can i wash my hair with baby shampoo and use conditioner or will this irritate it more... Thanks

Old 08-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: scalp burn from dye

Hi...it'll irritate it even more because baby shampoo is higher on the alkaline scale.

Don't shampoo it for a few days...only rinse it with luke-warm water.

I would suggest you use an antibiotic cream such as polysporin to prevent infection.

If you're not allergic to aspirin, take it for pain and inflammation relief (orally, not put on your skin). If you cannot take aspirin, the advil will help as well. if you cannot take either then tylenol will help with the pain.

Of course, best to see the doctor who might be able to prescribe a product that can be compounded.

Aloe vera gel could also be used on the scalp to help heal and lessen the inflammation.

This will take a while to go a away...scabbing will be part of the process. Don't pick.

Remember, just rinse for a few days.

Hope you get better soon.
q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
(female)

carlyxx HB User

Thanks. What about using eurax hydrocortisone cream?

Old 08-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

If the areas aren't open raw, then that could work nicely. It's not a high dosage of hydrocortisone cream from what I read, and the other ingredient to relieve itching seems it's OK for what you have.

Please don't overload it continually, twice a day thin layer according to the instructions.

Wash your hair with a mild shampoo (not baby) without massaging your scalp...more like just working it through.

What shampoo and conditioner do you normally use?

q

Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
(female)

carlyxx HB User

Most of the time marrocanoil moisture replenish shampoo and conditioner. Sometimes ausie. Its eased a bit now and its starting to flake. Is there a chance i might go bald?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'd say no. Only if the burn went as deep as the layer that has the follicle/root areas. You may, however have lots of breakage at the scalp, so don't panic if you do.

Now you've learned a valuable lesson...see a professional to try and get your hair back on track. Please don't add another colour at this point.

If you notice more itching and irritation when you go back to your shampoo, you might not be able to use it because of extreme sensitivity.

Hope this heals without any issues.

q

Closed Thread

Tags
burn, hair dye, headache, irritating, itchy scalp