It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
(female)

marcylynn78 HB User
Angry Unexplained Upper Gum Discomfort/Pain & other symptoms

Hoping someone might have experienced this or have some ideas for me. This all started back in May. I had a tooth that was giving me problems on top of getting a very bad, one sided sore throat for over a week-this sore throat & tooth issue was on my right side. I got the tooth issue resolved but with the sore throat I went into the doctor & they said I did not have strep but put me on antibiotics anyways! I only took them for 7 days because I did not even know if I had an infection & they put me on them fore "precautionary" measures. So three days after I was done I developed side pain that would come and go & about a week later when I'd press on my upper gum after my last tooth on the left side it would hurt. I cannot chew on that side or it irritates the gum. I went to the dentist-no issue with my mouth it's in great shape. (he did say my sinuses go deep into the root of my gum) So now within the last week or two, I have developed ear pain that comes & goes & feels full, my throat feels like something's stuck under my jaw area, which I'm assuming is a swollen node-all on the left side, same as where the gum hurts when pressed on. My gum was very inflammed so I have been taking some medicated mouth wash, which has taken the swelling down a bit, but it has not helped with the pain in my ear & under my jaw/gland issue&gum issue. Went to get a second opinion at the dentist & they did as many tests to make sure no infection or anything else was going on-after that went to the doctor & she just said that after I do the mouth rinse that everything else will disappear? huh-well, anyways this has been almost a week & no improvement on my ear/gland & my gum still hurts when pressure is being put on it. I do not smoke & am usually a healthy person. I go in tomorrow for an ultra sound for my side issue that I developed but no one can explain what's going on with my gum/ear/gland. I thought maybe it was a blocked gland? Or something to do with my sinuses. Any ideas? I'm going to go insane soon if I can't find some answers. Thanks for any input!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread