It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
(male)

SSC85 HB User
Help to Diagnose - Sinus, Brain, Muscle pains

Hi all,

Firstly apologies for posting this in the general section, for those that take the time to read you'll understand that im confused and concerned as to whats going on in me that I dont know where else to post this. I'll try to be as brief as I can.

At the turn of the year without warning, I developed Tietze Syndrome, a form of Costochondritis, for a while it was excruciating. Slowly since about April I developed something else which seems unrelated but extremely worrying.

Essentially it started out as pain/pressure around my temple/sinus area. I was constantly having to equalise my ear to relieve it. Plus my jaw would go very heavy and numb. I've had issues with my ears for years FYI. Quite soon after these symptoms started (normally set off when travelling in a car/train).

I started to get numbness and tingling in my left arm, hand and foot and would have to wiggle it about to try and shake it off. Both symptoms have gotten worse, especially in the last two weeks. My head is seemingly almost always in pain, the pressure is all over my head and especially around my temple, ears and jaw. On top of that i've been getting worse twitches, above my lip, my whole arm and hand (including one episode of a stabbing like pain on the top of my right hand for 20 mins) and I get random prangs of electric shocks or spasms in a lot of my body at random points.

My GP gave me some Doxy and sinus spray as she suspected maybe sinusitis. Thats not worked and I have a 3 week follow up with her next week but im concerned NOW.

I often find myself on the train im convinced im about to pop and die, literally feels like something will go pop. I work a tough job with long hours and its a team so I dont want to let people down by taking time off. I just want help to figure this out!

I'm just going to bed after a night shift and having a pretty bad attack so wanted to get something out there to find out if there are any answers to what on earth is going on with me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
(male)

SSC85 HB User
Re: Help to Diagnose - Sinus, Brain, Muscle pains

Over 200 views and no responses leads me to only get more agitated.

Since waking up the symptoms have lessened as they always do but are still there.

Pain and pressure in my temples on both sides.
Feeling of some trapped air/pressure in the outside corner of my eyes.
The occasional gag reflex when I try to swallow or breath quickly.
Tingling in my head/face.
Need to equalise my ears to relieve some of the pain/pressure.
Slight muscle pain in my left arm, small poking feeling in my left hand.

Any suggestions of what forum to put this in to get some more concrete advice, I only posted here as I didnt know which would be the most relevant.

Thanks.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
(female)

Cathy676 HB User
Re: Help to Diagnose - Sinus, Brain, Muscle pains

Hey!
Have you had alot of sinus problem? And have you had ur tonsils nd adneoids removed? Im wondering if it may be due to you being allergic to something, like pet dander, pollen, or grass?

You can develop these even though you may not have been recently. You shouldtry an anti inflam for ur sinuses.. like benadryl and see if that helps with the pain in your head... stress from worrying will make things a whoole lot worse...

Cathy

Closed Thread