It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
(female)

Imatree HB User
Appendicitis?

I think I may have appendicitis. I have been feeling a sharp pain in my lower left stomach area. Ive felt this pain for a little less than a week. It feels like I'm being stabbed. I'm not sure if I have it or not but could it be a side effect to a birth defect? The defects have to do with my heart so I doubt it. I haven't really talked to my parents but when I did tell them they just told me to take an ibuprofen. It didn't help at all. Could I have ruptured something from rolling down a hill 2 weeks ago? I dislocated my sholder from it so could that possibly be the pain? But that happened mate 2 weeks ago and I started feeling the pain about 1 week ago.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Appendicitis?

sorry your having abdominal pain at all, i DO know from having a few different "things' going on in that area how painful it can be. i just kind of would have to 'doubt' that this is indeed appendix related only because the appendix is actually located in the RIGHT lower quadrant, and NOT where you are having that sharp pain on the LEFT side. but there could be a 'female related' type of issue say like within an ovary, tube or uterine or some other type of urinary tract problem since that all is there where you are talking about having that sharp pain? have you noticed like ANY actual blood in your urine, or is your urine a bit more 'orangey" or more pinkish colored than what is usually more yellow or deeper yellow color?

can i ask just how old you are, since this just 'could' matter? have you had a pelvic type of exam at all to simply get to the root of where this is stemming from? that wouldn't hurt just to either rule it in as a 'possible source" or rule out. unfortunetly diagnosing anything is pretty much a matter of testing the things that just could most likely be causeing pain in that area one by one and ruling in or out THAT area as the cause of it.

depending on how that fall impacted your body, it would be very hard to say whether or not that could be the issue. this IS your docs area to check out. anything could have occured depending upon what got hit/impacted and how hard. it could even be as simple as a type of strain/pull of abdominal muscle.

when i was around 15 i started to get horrid pain in what were in my ovaries(not known til i saw a gyno doc and had my very first pelvic exam) he knew by simply 'feeling' my one ovary that i had a few cysts that were indicators of endometriosis(the endo was totally confirmed later after MANY ER vistits prior to seeing that gyno), which can cause ALOT of periodic pain, esp when ovulating and during what would be usually heavier periods than the norm too. but these types of 'cysts i am talking about are actually what are referred to as 'chocolate cysts' made up of old blood that never left the body, so it will build up over time, and generate pain.

if i were you i would, number one, please see your primary doc for a full exam and some basic bloodwork and a UA on your urine too, and find out if this is a UTI or some other type of issue going on. depending what may or may not actually show up, i really think getting a full gyno exam should be at least on that list of things too. these are simply the more common reasons for a woman to even have pain, tho this could be something else. but not testing anything or going to your doc will simply never get you anywhere in figuring this all out.

as i said above, if this were indeed your appendix, that pain is usually pretty pinpointed and localized to that lower R side along with having what is referred to as "rebound pain' as well? this is pain that when you actually push into that painfull area, it actually feels a bit better, not usually worse, but would get worse only when you let that area bounce back AFTER push in. thats just kind of one of the main symptoms you see/feel with actual appedicitis, and most times at least running a low grade fever,depending upon just how inflammed that appendix actually is too. it does NOT "usually" refer over to the opposite side like other types of abdominal pain can, and stays pretty much LR quadrant. just DO get yourself to the doc for some testing and see what your actual doc feels, and not your parents? unless they happen to have a real medical degree, they would not know what could be all the possibles that simply can generate pain, esp in the female population. you just really do need to find out the real underlying reason for having any types of pain, esp when within the abdominal area as there just are so many possibles that CAN become problematic within that area alone.

when we have pain at all that stays or is sharp/acute, it is usually our bodies way of telling us that something NEEDS to be looked at more in depth by your doc, since it does usually take some type of actual "generator' to cause it. hopefully this can be easily explained with a bit of actual testing done. but you do need to at least get this ball rolling by seeing your family doc and see what they feel may be going on in there. good luck and please let me know just what you find out. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread