It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
(male)

don526 HB User
Say to hello

I'm newbie here. Happy to be members of the forum. I hope we will have great time here. and I'll try to contribute to forum develop more. I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members, hope all will guide, share and help me to increase my knowledge.
Can you please tell me meaning of word Fat Grafting. Is this name of face surgery?
Thanks..

Old 09-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Say to hello

Welcome! I like your enthusiasm. Fat grafting can be done anywhere, but usually in the face small amounts of fat are injected under the skin to plump up sunken areas or fill out areas so wrinkles are less noticeable. Larger areas of fat can be grafted by partially removing the fat from the source, but leaving the blood supply intact, until it "takes" and is established in the receiving spot, then the connection at the donor site is cut and stitched closed, as is the recipient site. This is done for large areas that have been injured or avulsed (torn away) or removed surgically like with a tumor removal. Fat has a very poor blood supply, so it dies easily and turns to scar tissue with poor cosmetic results. Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread