It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
(male)

MrWoppit HB User
Inhaling A LOT of exhaust fumes. HELP?!?

Hello folks,

I just bought a 1984 Mustang SVO... Its a 2.3L Turbo... I love the car, BUT it has NO exhaust system at all. Nothing from the engine...

ALL the exhaust fumes go right into the car. I can see the smoke come in. I open the windows and use full air.

I do not have the money right now to get an exhaust system and my other car is broken...

I am starting to feel pain when breathing, and I have a half inch lump under my chin.

I am 18 years old and living alone. I have no money and don't know if this is impacting my health.

Please be respectful when replying. My parents passed away a few months ago and I am trying to live on my own, but I don't know what to do...

Please help. Am I in danger?

Old 09-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User
Re: Inhaling A LOT of exhaust fumes. HELP?!?

In short... yes you ARE in severe danger driving that vehicle. Car exhaust contains large amounts of carbon monoxide, which is an insidious and deadly poison that keeps your body from using oxygen properly. Breathe in too much, and you could pass out right at the wheel, crash the car, and have a terrible accident. Please do NOT drive the vehicle unless you can find a way to get it fixed. People have died from driving in vehicles that aren't properly ventilated and exhausted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread