It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
(female)

Wendalyness HB User
Toddler and Eczema

Hello all, I'm new to the site so sorry if this is in the worng place I tried to find a board on it but couldn't. My daughter is turning 2 next month and was recently diganosed with Eczema. This isn't new to my family, I have Asthma, and my brother and sister have eczema. But I read that eczema is a allergic reaction, and have talked to multiple people saying that once they figured out what they were allergic to it made their eczema either go away or become way more managable. I have to come to recently believe that she may be allergic to vinegar. As around her mouth gets bright red (or her skin where it touches) when she eats dressings or pickles. Not saying I'm right, it's just a thought. Was wondering what all yall out there thought about the allergy or even just the eczema. Thank you for your time!

Old 09-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
(female)

gettheweightoff HB User
Re: Toddler and Eczema

My son was around 2-3 when he came up with excema like splotches but no doctor has ever flat out said that is what it is oddly enough.
His only severe reaction was around his belly button, a hideous rash that just wouldn't go away for the longest time which is when I took him in once again and was given a creme that finally took it away when nothing else had.
At one point, he also came up with the little white pimple like sore on his sides along his ribcages that his pediatrician said was a sexually transmitted disease in adults!! I was like WTH?! That went away and never returned however.
Cold or heat is about the worst of it. That and staying in water too long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Toddler and Eczema

Yes, allergy does play a major part in the condition for some people. Have you tried the process of elimination of various foods to determine what might be the cause?

A friend's 2 year old was allergic to chicken. Our daughter was allergic to bacon, egg, wheat, watermelon.

Your pediatrician should be able to advise how to determine allergies. Doctors hesitate to do allergy tests on very young children.

Closed Thread