It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
(male)

Adrian96 HB User
Exclamation Possibly Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease?

I'm a 16 year old over reactor. Yesterday when i got to work (i work at a restaurant doing mostly bussing) I felt really spacey and just out of touch with everything around me. Things that I could normally see fine at a distance of maybe 40 feet seemed blurry and hard to make out & I felt like everything was going by faster than normal. My legs and arms also felt shaky. The feeling lasted all night and now this morning after getting a good 8 hours of sleep I feel a little better, the shakiness was present earlier but has gone away for now but I still feel a little spacey. I did some research and at first though it was Depersonalization but I don't do any drugs at all & I don't smoke nor have I had any traumatic experiences or abnormal amounts of stress & I don't suffer from depression or anxiety to cause DP. I don't have any illnesses or physical/mental problems. I workout or do MMA 4 days a week. The only other thing that I came up with for these feelings is that me and my family rarely ever eat beef but yesterday afternoon we had "organic beef" from Australia that we cooked completely well done. My mom ate half of the steak that i did and also felt slightly disorientated but says she feels better now. My stepfather ate from a different piece of beef and he feels fine. Could this be Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease that I'm experiencing or did I just eat bad beef that's reacting bad with me?

Last edited by Adrian96; 10-06-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Possibly Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease?

The disease you mention does not happen like this. You do not know you have it fr up to 5 years, when your brain gets rotten enough to pretty much stop functioning. I am australian and you would not believe the measures they have here to prevent this kind of thing. Get off the internet. Your symptoms sound more like you went too long without food. Cheers, Sera

The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
Adrian96 (10-06-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

Let me reassure you that there is ZERO possibility that you contracted a very rare and exotic disease from eating a piece of steak yesterday. It takes many years for diseases like that to develop. It sounds to me like you had an anxiety attack. If two of you had the same symptoms, possibly the meat was contaminated with something, but I don't know what it could be... if you still feel sick, go see a doctor on Monday and get checked out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaji For This Useful Post:
Adrian96 (10-06-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
(male)

Adrian96 HB User

You're probably right.. I guess I just didn't know what to look for and since this hasn't happened to me before I over reacted.. Probably just anxiety. Thanks anyway Sera & Kaji.

Closed Thread