It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
(male)

Slickie HB User
Weird, pinching chest pain. Abdominal pain. Rapid weight loss. :(

Hi. Thanks for reading my post, I really appreciate it. I'm a 25-year-old male, 5'10 and 208 pounds.

For the past three weeks, I've been feeling very poorly. It started with a common cold - stuffy/runny nose, sore throat, and so forth. After recovering from the cold, there were three or four days which were fine, and then I started to feel sharp and worrisome chest pains. This all culminated on a Friday, September 28th, at school. My chest felt so awfully achey, sore, heavy, and weird that I almost called an ambulance to campus.

I went to my campus clinic to get some tests done but they weren't able to get a blood draw due to my tricky veins. So I went to a local clinic. I had to wait days for an appointment, then days for an EKG + Chest X-Ray + Blood Test, and then days for the results. All the tests came back fine, except my blood test was showing that my blood sugar was a bit low and I had a Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid deficiency. I don't think any of those can cause chest pain.

I returned to the clinic for a follow-up two days ago. I found out that I had lost nine pounds in one week, which was scary (I went from 215 to 206). The doctor scheduled another round of blood tests and a CT scan, and gave me prescriptions for vitamin supplements and some sort of inhaler...but I simply do not have the money to afford them. I'm uninsured and I must pay for the tests up-front at my clinic. If I can make it until Friday, my mom can help me with my tests, but it will eat up most of her paycheck and we'll be in dire financial straits indeed.

Just about an hour after leaving the clinic for home two days ago, I started to feel a really awful pinching sensation behind my right breast. It felt as though some vein or tube of mine - not my esophagus - was constricting, almost like someone tied a loop around it and tightened it. I don't know if it's possible for someone to really feel that - probably not - but that's what it felt like.

It went away after ten minutes and I had a pretty good Sunday. My best day in a while. Last night around midnight, however, the sensation returned and it stuck with me all night. I was not able to sleep until almost 7AM. My breathing got weird and my lungs felt quite sore. There was also pain in my abdomen, just below my ribcage, and in my right arm.

I found that I could 'interact' with the pain by moving my neck and arm around, as well as by massaging my right breast. It felt like it was somewhere behind my right nipple. My man-boobs are pretty big so I don't know just how far back it was, but I could definitely interact with the pain by feeling around my breast.

I slept most of the morning today and right now I feel decently. Parts of my body feel hot and I have diarrhea, but no great pain.

With an EKG, Chest X-Ray, and CBC blood test showing no apparent cause for my chest/abdomen pain - what else can it be? I've never felt so unwell. I nearly went to the E.R. today because I'm sick of waiting for appointments and for money to come in so I can pay for tests and medicine. It really feels like something awful is going to happen to me if I keep sitting around waiting. I've already missed four days of class and today I missed an important test because it hurt to breathe. I'm afraid they'd turn me away from the E.R. if I wasn't in terrible condition, however, and the bill is likely to be in the thousands. I'm willing to go, though, just so that I can get on with my life.

I apologize for the lengthy post. Thank you again for your time. I really appreciate it.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Slickie
bbroke (10-08-2012), zip452 (10-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread