It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
(female)

paJ903 HB User
just do not

i just do not understand what i am supposed to do
i have terrible pain in my right leg. it is so bad it
wakes me at night , the popping in my leg is constant
now , i am using a walker , fell again last night
Feel as tho i am going to have bruises from that fall
do not know what to do , i am now lucky enuff to
have a dr i can afford to see and pay ,. unfortunately
we have to drive 161.4 miles round trip , money is
tight it is hard to make that trip , but it is a income
based clinic and my office visit is just $25.00 .
the dr there is the best , she seems to understand
what i am going thru and wants to help to feel better
she is like i am tho , we are stuck , cause i do not
have any insurance to pay for needed testing to be
done, nor do i have the income to pay for it , just
stuck , i have applied for disability and as we all know
that is a long unending process . just do not know
what to do , that i have not already done , seems
i feel as tho , there is something more i need to do
and ask for input , maybe someone can suggest something
i have not already done ?

thank you so much ...............

Old 10-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

Granny12 HB User
Re: just do not

1) Please, contact your local Medical Assistance office to see if you qualify for them to pay for your healthcare. 2) Contact a teaching hospital and inquire about the programs that educate the interns. Each department in a University teaching hospital look for people that will allow the department head teaching doctor to provide hands on care with the interns to patients. In the various departments you will have the best since all service is supervised and used to educate the interns. 3) In the interim, educate yourself in Holistic approaches. There are diets that will reduce inflamation. Eliminate salt, sugar and caffiene. These ingredients will cause excessive pain and allow bacteria to breed. Add cinnamon, gloves, tumeric, garlic, whole grains, black tea to your diet. These reduce blood sugars, fevers, pain, muscle spasams. Your diet should be a healthy one with natural foods. Read labels and if there are more than 5 ingredients...don't eat. If sugar or bleached flour is listed within the 5 ingredients, don't eat. 4) If needed, lose weight. Extra weight hurts your muscles and bone structure. 5) Drink water daily that equals 1/2 your body weight in the amount of oz. 5) Exercise! The best exercise is walking. Each day walk at least two blocks and try to increase the walking when it becomes comfortable. 6) When you cannot sleep due to pain, occupy your mind with reading, meditation, or exercise. I realize that is easy said than done but if your brain is diverted you will feel less pain. PLEASE try these things. Even if you do not get into a doctor, do items 3 through 6. I know what pain you suffer since I have pain and I did find even the best doctors cannot eliminate pain. Sometimes, it is best to educate and train the brain to reduce pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Arrowroot HB User

Do you have any other symptoms besides leg pain and popping? Is it your knee popping?

Old 10-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
(female)

Granny12 HB User

How are you? I looked to see if you saw my response. I forgot to tell you if you get into a Teaching Hospital service, they will generally cover your travel and time expenses. All you will need to do is show proof of income if asked for that information. Also, when you talk of the popping noise that generally is the cartilage damage. Fish oil helps with that situation or it is possible the damage can be repaired surgically. Calcium, Vitamin D and Fish Oil are magnificent aids to a person to keep your bones and tissues good. Most people with chronic pain do not exercise enough to keep bone deteriation from happening.
I wanted to tell you that I have had 11 major surgeries to repair my back, hip and femor bone. I really do understand pain. The one thing I was told is this pain will be with me for the rest of my life. After awhile even the strongest pain medications will stop working that is why I decided to try Holistic. Those meds just didn't work anymore and the side effects were a nightmare. Each day I push myself a little bit more with walking and diverting my mind with activities. It does help. Nerve damage is an area that sometimes just cannot resolve the damage. Please keep me posted if you find any relief from anything else. Oh, I forgot...I use heat or ice as needed too. Mostly it is heat that helps...long hot showers or a nice mattress heat cover is great. I do hope some of what I said you will try...and maybe you will find something better...I do drink Chai Tea and the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves are real anti-inflammatory aids...it takes awhile for the body to cleanse out the junk it doesn't process. I will say it gets a bit worse before better when and if someone decides to stop the narcotic pain meds but you will be surprised that it does make you feel better eventually. Then if you need surgery you will have better pain relief. I do use neurotin since the total nerve damage is too much even with the healthy foods but I use a low dose compared to others. This is a good thing because if this damage progresses I will be able to increase the neurotin without suffering side effects. I do pray that you find some of what I responded to be helpful. If you have questions, please ask. Take care of you...

Closed Thread