It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
(female)

zookeeper92300 HB User
So Many Symptoms Can't Pin It Down

Hello and I am new to Healthboard. My name is Sherri and I am 53 years young. I have MS , Pancreatic Disease, Thyroid Disease , Degenerative Disc Disease and Arthritis but that is the least of my problems.
For the past 7 months or more I have had no more than 2 hours of sleep . Period. My previous physician tried me on various sleep medications and anti depressants for sleep and none of them have worked . None. I go to sleep for 1 hour and then I am wide awake . My ankles and joints and bones feel like they are being chewed and gnawed on . My body is wracked in pain . It is unbearable.
During the day it is bad but I try my best to keep myself busy so as to not have it in the forefront of my mind. but at night when I lie down and try to relax and try to sleep no go . I have had my thyroid checked and have had my synthroid med changed recently. I have no appetite at all due to all this pain. I feel nauseated all the time now from all this pain . I am getting beaten down , and feel all alone in this as drs have no clue other then to always point the finger at my MS and I know it is not that . Is there anyone out there who has these symptoms ? At times it feels like my head is going to explode from headaches from not sleeping . I am reaching out to those of you who may be experiencing the same thing ... Peace Always ....

Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: So Many Symptoms Can't Pin It Down

I'm sorry for the pain and discomfort that you are experiencing. I am a chronic pain patient myself and will live in some degree for the rest of my life.

Iguess first I would ask you what medications are your doctor(s) giving you for the pain? The pain that you are describing sounds like a nerve pain that is going down your legs and that can be nasty. There are meds that can help control that sort of pain and they do work..

There are also meds that can be given that can help releave the pain so that you can function during the day and hopefully get some rest. When you are in pain 24/7 it is difficult to function in all aspects of your life. There is also no reason that you should be living in pain. have you has an MRI done of your spine to see if there are issues that might be causing your leg pain-asides from the MS. I lost a dear friend to ms two years ago-you have my sympathy. Is your MS in remission? Or are you if a flair?

Have you tried any of the herbs and such that help with sleep? Melatonin?
They can often help when scripts don't seem to work.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Arrowroot HB User
Re: So Many Symptoms Can't Pin It Down

You might want to consider the possibility that you have Lyme disease.

I wish you the best.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-23-2012 at 05:57 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website for any reason

Closed Thread