It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
(male)

Jack83 HB User
Chronic Pain/Medication Dependance

OTC Dextromethorphan HBR 25mg 3X/day for 3-day saturation period then PRN 1X/day, or less for subsequent days, completely quelled any and all of opiate cravings after completing a safe medical detox.

I am not a medical professional but this is my observation and its plausibility is strengthened by the anecdotal evidence.

It could be considered wreckless to post this message on an open forum but it is not nearly as wreckless as the disease of active addiction. I have sent my observation and strong evidence to Mercer Medical School and Ohio State University's Wexner Medical Center in the hopes that one of them will run with it. I have been in detailed communication with one to relay my detailed experiences.

I'm not a lawyer either but don't do anything without talking to your Dr., and for God's sake, DON'T BE SCARED TO TELL THEM THAT YOU HOOKED ON YOUR PILLS! You are part of a large and growing club!

John

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-22-2012 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, or recommend Internet searches, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
(male)

innerspirit HB User
Thumbs up Re: Chronic Pain/Medication Dependance

Hi there thank you for posting.I will look into the info you have provided. I am certain many others will find your post useful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #3
(male)

Jack83 HB User
Smile Re: Chronic Pain/Medication Dependance

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspirit View Post
Hi there thank you for posting.I will look into the info you have provided. I am certain many others will find your post useful.
Fantastic, that is all want. This Dextromethorphan has been around since 1950, is already available anywhere w/o prescription for <$10, and although extremely dangerous if abused, there is an extreme sense of urgency in dealing with the world-wide problem of addiction. Peoples' lives are being further destroyed by the day. With 4.6 million ER visits and 23.5 million going to treatment centers in the US in 2011, the sooner the medical establishment expedites this, the more people can be helped with their disease. I'm talking rattle some cages, wake people up, if some "smart people" blow you off, tell them to step aside and push forward until this is concluded.

My theory, with ideas from others, is that since the DXM is a partial agonist to the mu opiate receptor, it may act in the opposite way as Naltrexone, a antagonist to the mu opioid receptor. This makes it far more effective because it permanently bonds and actually stimulates the cravings for an extended period of time...at least one year. It also works for overeating. These results have been profound in myself. I quit smoking w/o trying, I went from 215lbs to 155lbs (my college weight) and I feel better than I ever have in my life. If this proves not to work, fine, at least I am trying SOMETHING! Worst case scenario, I continue having the best life ever, free of addiction and being a proud stay-at-home father!

Thank you so much for your efforts!

John

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-22-2012 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Please do not request any off-board contact, or post contact information. Thanks.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #4
(male)

Jack83 HB User
Re: Chronic Pain/Medication Dependance

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspirit View Post
Here are some abstracts that I used to enforce my theory. I want people to RACE to figure this out. Since I am now sending this to our closest ally in Europe. I hope to irritate the medical system here because it is the only way to get them to shake off their professional egos and get to work. Addiction is a world problem and I would like nothing more than to see a Battle of Britain effort to tackle it. Yes, I am being absurdly grandiose but I want the smart people out there to step up! In modern society, the quickest way to be taken seriously is to act like a fool....and the cause is worth it! The beauty of this, is that it should not be hard to disprove. Let's draw some awareness until it dies. All I know is that it worked for me, 100%. There is NOTHING to lose!!!

Thank you again for your interest!

John

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15655510
- Dextromethorphan differentially affects opioid antinociception in rats.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11805221
- Paradoxical effects of the opioid antagonist naltrexone on morphine analgesia, tolerance, and reward in rats.

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-22-2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Please do not post email address, or unapproved Internet websites, or recommend Internet searches.

Closed Thread