It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
(female)

Ashleigh90 HB User
Recurrent Infections

Hi everyone,

I'm a 22 year old female. I've always had good health and have never had any long term sickness or medication which I've had to take over a prolonged period. I would say I got sick maybe once a year with a stomach bug or a common cold, nothing ever serious and they were always very few and far between.

Around 6 months ago things suddenly changed. Since then I have had 3 UTI's (One cases which had to be treated with antibiotics 4 times before it went away). I've also had 5 flare ups of tonsilitis/throat infections (around 3 have been treated with anti biotics). On top of this I've had 2 skin infections, so that's around 10 infections in the past year.

My doctor tested me for diabetes saying minor recurrent infections can be an early symptom of it, the tests came back and my blood sugar levels were as they should be. He also tested my blood for thyroid problems, liver and kidney problems and tested my WBC count. All of these came back normal.

I woke up yesterday with a stiff neck and that awful feeling at the back of my throat and sure enough, my tonsils have inflamed again.

I'm starting to get a bit concerned. This is NOT normal for me, i'm lucky if i get sick once a year, not 10 times in 6 months. The only other thing the doctor said he could put it down to was stress, and I really don't think I have any of that. I eat a well balanced diet, i exercise, i am a healthy weight.

Is there any thing else recurrent infections could be a sign of?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread