It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
(male)

noea77 HB User
Need help. Over sleeping, tired, body pains etc

Hey everyone, im new to the boards here and wanted to see if anyone can help or have similar problems. About me - Im male, 35 years old, 6'2'', 190lbs, eat normally good food. However at times i dont drink enough water, milk, of eat fruits/vegatables. I dont exercise, but recently started to try and do 40 mins a day. I smoke maybe 8-10 cigarettes a day and 1 drink a week.

For about 2 years now I have been sleeping way to much usually up to 12 hrs on days off. Sometimes its good restful sleep and i wakeup ok, but other times it seems like i didnt sleep a wink cause im so tired and sore all over. Days im working i sleep maybe 6-8 hrs n its the same. Seems like a cycle. Im good for about 2 weeks then next 2 weeks i feel like crap. Sometimes its real bad I can't manage but try and fight through it. I work nights and do 2 on 2 off etc and there 12 hr shifts. Ive been on straight nights for about a year and a half. When i was on days it can be the same thing and even worse at times and most times i didnt get quality sleep waking all the time or not able to fall asleep after a few hrs. I enjoy my job and dont go in dreading it besides nights i might be feeling way off.

Ive been in and out of the drs for years and im on anxiety meds. Switched to cipralex after being on effexor n pristique for 8 years or so. Ive had alot of blood tests done and all come back good and my blood pressure is for the most part normal. I dont think ive ever had vitamin d checked and think this might be it from my symptoms and when I google my symptoms online. I upped vit d to about 2000iu a day but have read some people taking up to 50000iu a week. Could this be it? I also take a multi vitamin everyday. Working nights I dont see the sun to much.

I dont think i have stress issues, but at times i think i do. Sometimes i snap for stupid things n could be anger problems that cause stress. Some road rage. I have gone for massages before and therapists say that my neck is very tense. I try to stick with exercises, but always feel nothings working and stop.

Symptoms I have
-Sleeping to much
-Waking up exhausted n hungover type feeling
-Lighthead and dizzy
-Neck and back pain
-Sensitive to light
-Blurry spots in vision
-Pins n needle feeling all over body
-Wheezing in morning and parts of day
-overall weakness
-hopeless
-lethargic
-poor memory
-poor concentration
-anxious
-ocd
-sweaty palms
-body/neck spasms

What do you think all this maybe caused from? Lack of sunlight, obstructions from smoking, fibromagila, low immune system? Getting very discouraged and depressed days i feel like crap and not sure what to do. My girlfriend is very understanding but it can effect our relationship. I dont like to be a burden to anyone

Thanks so much in advance.

Last edited by noea77; 10-27-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
(female)

Megan20085681 HB User
Re: Need help. Over sleeping, tired, body pains etc

Ive had similar problems. My doctor told me to go to bed the same time and wake up the same time everyday. No exceptions. Avoid alcohol at night too. I dont know what meds your taking but that might be making you want to sleep a lot. Are you having any problems or stress? People generally sleep a lot when depressed or stressed. Hope this helps. Keep me updated

Old 10-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
(male)

noea77 HB User
Re: Need help. Over sleeping, tired, body pains etc

Hey thanks for the msg. Woke yesterday feeling a bit better but still lousy. I work shift work so getting to bed at same time is a problem for me. I try to get to bed around 3 my days off but when im working im not getting to bed till 8-9am. Do you work shift work ?

Closed Thread