It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
(male)

zeal514 HB User
Chronic Wrist Pain

Hey,

Im a 22 year old Male, spend most of my free time on the computer, since I was about 18. I played alot of console games with a controller, before i got addicted to the pc, like 5+.

Both of my wrists chronically hurt, at the top of my wrists, along the right side in line with my pointer and middle finger. Typically they used to only hurt when I would do pushups and bend them at a 90 degree angle and put weight on them. Now they chronically hurt for a few weeks at a time, then stop for a few months, and alternate or both hurt at the same time.

A friend of mine told me that they may be a ganglion cyst, so I treied the book method and it kinda worked a few times. (by that i mean the pain slowly went away after a day.)

There is a bump on top of both of my wrists, that do feel kind of like cysts, sometimes rock hard, sometimes softer, tho these bumps only show up when i bend my wrists forward. When i keep my wrists straight they are not visible and feel like pebbles on top of my nerves.

I've kind of dismissed Carpal Tunnel because of my age and the location of the pain, as well i did not have the other symptoms till now. This time my wrist really hurts when i type, typing thins is painful just using my fingers, mainly pointer.

So does anyone have a similar pain, problem? Could this potentially be Carpal tunnel?

Old 10-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Chronic Wrist Pain

try taping your wrists - over the place where the potential cysts are and all the way around with athletic tape. Do this for 4-5 days and see if that gets rid of them. It should collapse the cyst on itself and dry it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
(female)

harrybb HB User
Re: Chronic Wrist Pain

Carpal tunnel can be a very painful condition if not treated in time. An orthopedic doctor is all you need. I too was suffering from acute wrist pain few months back but then I visited Lewis Orthopaedics, they diagnosed the problem and treated it well. My wrist is normal now.

Closed Thread

Tags
carpal tunnel, ganglion, pain, wrist