It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
(male)

Jearlm HB User
Need help with Hyperglycemia

My readings rarely get below 200 ! I try to diet without much success. I am 69 yrs old and have slight neuropathy in my toes. Cannot sleep well and some nights hardly at all...even taking Ambien ! Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 11-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
(female)

cdaus HB User
Re: Need help with Hyperglycemia

I'd say it's time for you to visit your doctor and get some meds!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

If diet alone is not controlling your diabetes, it's DEFINITELY time for medication to help. 'Slight' neuropathy is not a good thing to have. It's a sign that your body is being damaged by your high sugar levels. Go and see your doctor and get put on some diabetes medication and give your kidneys, liver, and heart a break.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
(male)

Marie55 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jearlm View Post
My readings rarely get below 200 ! I try to diet without much success. I am 69 yrs old and have slight neuropathy in my toes. Cannot sleep well and some nights hardly at all...even taking Ambien ! Anyone have any suggestions?
I think you go to your near doctor and take her suggestion

Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

I am close to 70. My blood pressure and blood sugar were at unhealthy levels. I went on a diet of seven small meals, around 220 calories each meal, consisting of carbohydrates with a low glycemic index. The diet helped to significantly lower both my blood sugar and blood pressure levels; and keeps both at a very healthy level 24 hours per day.

If interested in more info, please visit my threads: My diet- most effective "medication" for my Blood Pressure, CHF & Insulin Resistance! at the link:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/high-low-blood-pressure/849589-my-diet-most-effective-medication-my-blood-pressure-chf-insulin-resistance.html

and/or

Charts showing my Blood Pressure trends before and after diet for Insulin Resistance. at the link:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/diabetes/753650-charts-showing-my-blood-pressure-trends-before-after-diet-insulin-resistance.html

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Closed Thread