It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
(male)

Cal 448 HB User
Concerned with my Hand(s)

Hello, my name is Cal, aged 19.
I have always had an abnormal shake in my hands, if I place my hands straight, they are visibly shaking more than some people say they should be.

It is impossible for me to hold an object with a steady hand without it shaking, such as holding a piece of paper that me and a friend would both try to read from.

However, more recently in my left hand, I am showing some real signs of weakness in my fingers, specially my thumb and the index finger, today for example I was trying to lift a jammed cable free, but the area was awkward so it required me to use my left hand to pull it out when lifting with my right, but I couldn't even pull it with those fingers, it was as if they just wouldn't add pressure even though im really trying.

Sometimes it makes a weird strain feeling in my wrist, just wondering if maybe im over concerned or there is something I should take possible awareness of?

Old 11-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Concerned with my Hand(s)

Have you ever seen a doctor for this? I would say it is time. While I do not have any idea what it could be, if it is getting worse, I would consult a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

Shaky hands don't mean a lot by themselves - lots of people have an 'essential tremor' that isn't really significant medically... your hands can shake from fatigue, or concentration, or from anxiety/an excess of adrenalin, or even too much caffiene in your diet, and so on. But if you are having weakness as well it's time to go see a doctor and make sure there isn't anything serious going on.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Could be essential tremour, but it could also be exacerbated from issues with your neck or shoulders.

Look at what you do on a daily basis...you might have a type of repetitive strain injury.

Are you consuming any other meds, otc meds, drinks, supplements, etc?

I would also suggest you get your vitamin D and range of vitamin B's checked.

Keep us updated as to what's going on.

q

Old 12-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
(female)

animal27 HB User

You could have nerve damage in your wrist. Those are some of the symptoms for it. Get it check out.xx

Old 12-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #6
(male)

Bolt HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal 448 View Post
Hello, my name is Cal, aged 19.......is something I should take possible awareness of?
First things first, get a docs appointment, as stated above it can be many things including something more serious, (strength loss).

I quoted your age because my son in law had a host of strange problems (at your age) that were 100% related to the "boost" drinks he was consuming...

Closed Thread