It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 32
Tooscared23 HB User
Help! I take Tylenol daily and I think my liver hurts. Is it serious?

Ok, I didn't know where to post, it's my first time. I have chronic migraines and I wake up daily with a headache that two extra strength tylenol will take care of. I also take care of a 2 year old all day, so often I need two more extra strength Tylenol in the evening. My doctors, including neurologist are aware of my usage. I know it's probably just rebound headaches, not real ones. So everyday I take Tylenol, most days at least 2,000 mg. Never over 4,000 mg. This has been going on a little over a year. I take 100 mg topamax a day, which also taxes your liver if I am correct. Also take zomig for the migraines. Anyways. I think my liver might hurt. I have pain under my right rib when I press there, but it's below my rib, like on my stomach. Nothing when I curl my fingers under the rib like the doctor showed me to check. Either way, I'm still scared. Does this sound like liver pain? And can you do damage from Tylenol and not die? I'm afraid of Tylenol toxicity but none of my doctors or the 4 pharmacists I have called are concerned with my Tylenol intake. Any help would be appreciated. Oh. The last time I had labs done were in march. I was told my liver was ok. But that was 9 months ago...

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 12-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,533
Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Help! I take Tylenol daily and I think my liver hurts. Is it serious?

Pain in that location is more likely gallbladder. Have you had an ultrasound? Or a HIDA Scan?

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Didsbury Alberta Canada
Posts: 5
Kaleidolife HB User
Re: Help! I take Tylenol daily and I think my liver hurts. Is it serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Pain in that location is more likely gallbladder. Have you had an ultrasound? Or a HIDA Scan?
Stop taking Tylenol. Right away. Look up the warning by CEO about Tylenol overuse( this dose is different for different people. Really, stop right now.

Last edited by mod85; 12-05-2012 at 11:02 AM.

 
Old 12-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 2
msucks HB User
Re: Help! I take Tylenol daily and I think my liver hurts. Is it serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooscared23 View Post
Ok, I didn't know where to post, it's my first time. I have chronic migraines and I wake up daily with a headache that two extra strength tylenol will take care of. I also take care of a 2 year old all day, so often I need two more extra strength Tylenol in the evening. My doctors, including neurologist are aware of my usage. I know it's probably just rebound headaches, not real ones. So everyday I take Tylenol, most days at least 2,000 mg. Never over 4,000 mg. This has been going on a little over a year. I take 100 mg topamax a day, which also taxes your liver if I am correct. Also take zomig for the migraines. Anyways. I think my liver might hurt. I have pain under my right rib when I press there, but it's below my rib, like on my stomach. Nothing when I curl my fingers under the rib like the doctor showed me to check. Either way, I'm still scared. Does this sound like liver pain? And can you do damage from Tylenol and not die? I'm afraid of Tylenol toxicity but none of my doctors or the 4 pharmacists I have called are concerned with my Tylenol intake. Any help would be appreciated. Oh. The last time I had labs done were in march. I was told my liver was ok. But that was 9 months ago...
It is Great that I too have just registered for this today, IRONIC that you are the first that I saw considering I know about this 100% because I went through this, only by the time I knew it, it was too late..I had over done it with Tylenol back in 04 and caused me to end up in the ICU..Your liver enzymes are supposed to be between 0 and 45..Mine were at 4000...I don't mean to scare you, but I have to, they said that if I wouldn't have got to the ER when I did, that I would have had 9 hours to live, I will never forget those words as long as I live....They kept me in the hospital for 4 days and had me drink pure sulfur (DISGUSTING) BUT NECESSARY, every 4 hours to repair the damage..I was lucky because they said that I could have gotten the Hepititis' and I didn't..I could of had scerosis, but I didn't....Please Please just go to the ER and tell them that you need to have your Liver Enzymes checked immediately because you think you may have overdosed on Tylenol on accident because you didn't know the limit and have had headaches all of the time and now you think your liver hurts....They will see you ASAP and TRUST ME, I know you don't know me from Adam, But I am right...Please Go get checked out ASAP, I'd rather see you be safe than Sorry Please Respond to Me Sweetie....Thanks and don't Worry You will be fine as long as you get it checked out quickly

 
Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Didsbury Alberta Canada
Posts: 5
Kaleidolife HB User
Cool Re: Help! I take Tylenol daily and I think my liver hurts. Is it serious?

Ok, so, you might think I'm a bit loopy, but please try binaural beats. The Monroe institute has the best explanation of this. They and Princeton university came up with the therapy. But don't buy anything you tube is flooded with free beats. Look for migraine, and opioid receptor binaural beats. Good luck. And get off that Tylenol now. good luck!

 
Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 32
Tooscared23 HB User
Re: Help! I take Tylenol daily and I think my liver hurts. Is it serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Pain in that location is more likely gallbladder. Have you had an ultrasound? Or a HIDA Scan?
No, I have not had anything done. Like I said, no one is concerned about my usage. The most I've gotten is how many arthritis patients take Tylenol daily for years without any ill effects, and as long as I don't go up to the 3,000 daily limit for chronic users too often, I am most definitely fine. I was put on another migraine preventative in addition to my topamax and if there was not any relief in the daily headaches by my next appointment in march, and I was still on my daily Tylenol, then she wants to add Botox as well. But three doctors and four pharmacists look at me like I'm insane for being worried. None the less, I've had a terrible cold since Saturday. Stopped plain Tylenol, replaced it with DayQuil A couple times a day and then NyQuil at night. Yesterday and today I've had no Tylenol and nothing with Tylenol in it. I have the pain still, but I can only feel it when I stand. Not when I lay on my back and prod, which is also how my doctor palpated my liver last time I went in there freaking out. When I lay on my back, I feel no pain whatsoever. When I stand, I can feel a hard lump that like jumps away when I press on it. Went to the doctor for that. Of course it was nowhere to be found when I went and he said I was most likely constipated. I'm not. But he told me the liver definitely does not move like I am describing this thing to when I press on it. And he said my liver is up underneath my ribs, not just directly under, if that makes sense. Ugh

 
Old 12-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 32
Tooscared23 HB User
Re: Help! I take Tylenol daily and I think my liver hurts. Is it serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msucks View Post
It is Great that I too have just registered for this today, IRONIC that you are the first that I saw considering I know about this 100% because I went through this, only by the time I knew it, it was too late..I had over done it with Tylenol back in 04 and caused me to end up in the ICU..Your liver enzymes are supposed to be between 0 and 45..Mine were at 4000...I don't mean to scare you, but I have to, they said that if I wouldn't have got to the ER when I did, that I would have had 9 hours to live, I will never forget those words as long as I live....They kept me in the hospital for 4 days and had me drink pure sulfur (DISGUSTING) BUT NECESSARY, every 4 hours to repair the damage..I was lucky because they said that I could have gotten the Hepititis' and I didn't..I could of had scerosis, but I didn't....Please Please just go to the ER and tell them that you need to have your Liver Enzymes checked immediately because you think you may have overdosed on Tylenol on accident because you didn't know the limit and have had headaches all of the time and now you think your liver hurts....They will see you ASAP and TRUST ME, I know you don't know me from Adam, But I am right...Please Go get checked out ASAP, I'd rather see you be safe than Sorry Please Respond to Me Sweetie....Thanks and don't Worry You will be fine as long as you get it checked out quickly
Hi there and thanks for your concern! May I ask what landed you in the hospital with such high Tylenol levels? Unfortunately I can not just up and go to the er. I have a terrible cold, and have a two year old with one as well. Especially when I am not even sure my liver is bothering me, and on top of all this, I've actually done nothing to indicate Tylenol overdose. I take Tylenol daily, well I actually Today is day two of no Tylenol, but I don't come close to the 4,000 limit, or 3,000 for chronic users. I'm just trying to figure out how to tell if your liver hurts, or maybe signs that the daily Tylenol was just too much. Maybe of you tell me your story, it could be helpful. Thanks so much!

 
Old 12-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #8
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 2
msucks HB User
Re: Help! I take Tylenol daily and I think my liver hurts. Is it serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooscared23 View Post
Hi there and thanks for your concern! May I ask what landed you in the hospital with such high Tylenol levels? Unfortunately I can not just up and go to the er. I have a terrible cold, and have a two year old with one as well. Especially when I am not even sure my liver is bothering me, and on top of all this, I've actually done nothing to indicate Tylenol overdose. I take Tylenol daily, well I actually Today is day two of no Tylenol, but I don't come close to the 4,000 limit, or 3,000 for chronic users. I'm just trying to figure out how to tell if your liver hurts, or maybe signs that the daily Tylenol was just too much. Maybe of you tell me your story, it could be helpful. Thanks so much!
I was taking too much Tylenol from my pain from endometriosis and a couple of days I just didn't want to get out of bed and it was hard for my son 16 at the time to wake me up....Then I broke into severe hives because I am allergic to nsaids and I think somehow there was one mixed in with my tylenol, anyhow long story short I ended up looking like I was all drugged up so my son rushed me to the ER and they said I was so lucky that my son was there when he was and that he got me there in time because they said that if I wouldn't have got there Like I said ( I only would have had 9 hours to live) Scary Words as you can imagine They said they could tell that my liver was swollen just when they would palpatate by it...How have you been now? How bout a urgent care clinic in your area just for that kind of exam?

 
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 32
Tooscared23 HB User
Re: Help! I take Tylenol daily and I think my liver hurts. Is it serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msucks View Post
I was taking too much Tylenol from my pain from endometriosis and a couple of days I just didn't want to get out of bed and it was hard for my son 16 at the time to wake me up....Then I broke into severe hives because I am allergic to nsaids and I think somehow there was one mixed in with my tylenol, anyhow long story short I ended up looking like I was all drugged up so my son rushed me to the ER and they said I was so lucky that my son was there when he was and that he got me there in time because they said that if I wouldn't have got there Like I said ( I only would have had 9 hours to live) Scary Words as you can imagine They said they could tell that my liver was swollen just when they would palpatate by it...How have you been now? How bout a urgent care clinic in your area just for that kind of exam?
How incredibly ironic again! I am allergic to NSAIDs as well, hence why I take just Tylenol. I used to take ibuprofen all the time, then after I had my daughter they were giving it to me in the hospital every four hours for pain (I went natural). Well a little after every dose, hives everywhere. Allergy to NSAIDs didn't even cross their mind, they just threw itch cream at me and kept shoving ibuprofen down my throat. When we got home and my daughter was 5 days old, I took some for a killer headache hoping to catch it before it turned into a migraine. Laid down for 25 mins and when I came to relieve my fiancé so he could get some sleep for work, he was like OMG what is wrong with you?!?! I was swollen every where, hives everywhere and he rushed me to emergency. Thankfully the only thing that didn't swell was my throat. I am ok today, day four of no Tylenol, and between that, this cold that won't go away, and a 3 year old with a cold, my head hurts lol. But I'm still "well" in comparison to the Tylenol toxicity timeline. As soon as I get better I'm getting bloodwork done, if I can get the orders, and making an appt with an allergist to see if I am still allergic to NSAIDs. My doc said it might have just been temporary, as your body chemistry changes for about a year after birth. I may look more into what a naturopath does, and if that seems good, go see one. I'm so sleepy all the time, no energy, and not excited for life. Also cold all the time. I'm only 24! And I love my baby more than anything, she doesn't deserve a mother who PUSHES herself to do things. I've seen a few docs about this, and I was just told, yea your severely anemic and they threw iron pills at me. I took them for four years with no change until I decided to stop wasting my money on them. Oh the joys of life. Why can't I be a normal 24 year old lol? Thanks for sharing your stories, I enjoy listening! Sounds like we have a lot in common already :-)

 
Closed Thread




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.com™ All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!