It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

njeridiva HB User
h-pylori diagnosis.suffering for 4 months now

Hallo, im a 27 year old female, a little over weight but in general good health.Well, that was up until about 4 months ago when all hell broke loose health-wise.One evening as i was getting ready for work i noticed an odd feeling in my legs from my knees down, on looking down at them i was shocked when i saw that they were swollen which has never happened to me, i had had a general sick feeling that morning but thought that i felt better after a nap. i was distraught and rushed to the emergency room.i was admitted under observation.EKG, BLOOD TESTS, CT SCANS, VITALS came back ok.no blood clots or anything.the doctors said i was okay and released me the next day.over the next week or so swelling on my legs came and went and eventually i did not experience any more leg swelling.Then all these other symptoms kicked in, acid reflux, rapid heart beat especially after meals, burping, gas in my stomach, farting,weird stomach noises and really bad heart burn,hives that developed all over my body....the cherry on top of it all was the EXTREME anxiety that came along.I am generally a cheerful people person, always laughing, cracking jokes etc.Over night i started having crying spells, with a deep feeling of impending doom.I couldn't be by myself, which still scares me sometimes because i always think that i might die at any moment.suffice it to say that i was concerned.My first trip to the doctor was fruitless. She thought that it was all in my head and gave me an ointment for the hives which kept on appearing every day.On my second trip i took the Hpylori breathing test which came back positive.My first prescription of antibiotics (biaxin) were intolerable.They exacerbated my rapid heart beat so much that i stopped taking them.The next antibiotic prescribed was flagyl which made my throat close up.The third one was amoxicillin which i could tolerate better but turned me black and blue with bruises all over my hands so i had to stop taking it as bruising is considered a dangerous side effect.I must say that over the 2 week period that i took the 3 antibiotics the symptoms did get slightly better.Because i was apparently out of luck (my doctor said that there was nothing else he could prescribe) i decided to go the natural route.I have been taking manuka honey, apple cider vinegar, green tea, clove extract, garlic, pure coconut oil, probiotics and prilosec for a while now and my syptoms have gradually reduced.All i am left with now is a rapid heart beat especially after meals, a general unsteady feeling, some farting here and there and some acid but not as bad as before and trust me, this is a BIG improvement. I need help. I can live with everything else but the rapid heart beat. Somebody help me. I feel like i have reached the end of the line here..

Last edited by njeridiva; 01-23-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: h-pylori diagnosis.suffering for 4 months now

try a different doctor, a gastro-enterologist maybe
my mom had h-pylori and it's treated with a combination of drugs together. do a search online and you will see there is a specific course of treatment and it doesn't sound like you got the proper antibiotic

Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
(female)

njeridiva HB User
Re: h-pylori diagnosis.suffering for 4 months now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
try a different doctor, a gastro-enterologist maybe
my mom had h-pylori and it's treated with a combination of drugs together. do a search online and you will see there is a specific course of treatment and it doesn't sound like you got the proper antibiotic
...problem is i dont have health insurance. I go to a community clinic with some doctors who seem to be in a hurry to get you out of there asap...il try to find another clinic.

Reply Reply