It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
(female)

Ladytaxi HB User
Exclamation Grandson diagnosed with Tenosynovitis

My grandson is very active in sports so when he complained about a pain in his groin and hip area, my son-in-law thought it was just a strained muscle. But then he started running a fever of 103.5. My daughter took him to the ER last night at the Army Base and they did every test imaginable. Blood tests, x-rays, MRI.....They could find nothing wrong with him and sent him to Vanderbilt Children's Hosp in Nashville in an ambulance, for an ultra-sound. The base hospital didn't have the equipment they needed. Anyway the doctors there said he had Tenosynovitis, probably from when he had Strep throat around Christmas. I have looked on line about this, but all I can find out is about Fingers, wrists, and ankles. His is in his hip area. I saw one post on here about it, but it is an old post and there were no answers. I am hoping by now someone knows more about this. Any information will be so greatly appreciated. I am worried this will interfere with his sports in the future as one site said it has a 200% chance of recurring (site was about the thumb). He absolutely LIVES for sports. Thank you in advance for any info anyone has on this.

Smiles R Free
My Love is the Freeway!
God is my Pilot!
Nancy

Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Grandson diagnosed with Tenosynovitis

From what I understand it's an inflammation of the tendons. It can be caused by overuse or an infection. Did he have any cuts, or abrasions that were infected? If he rests and takes NSAIDS it should resolve itself. Did they treat him with antibiotics? I suspect infection since the fever was substantial. He needs to let it heal so it doesn't become a chronic problem. He's young so he'll probably be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
(female)

Ladytaxi HB User
Re: Grandson diagnosed with Tenosynovitis

Thank you for the reply. Yes, they gave him Nsaids and antibiotics. He wants to go to school tomorrow, but my daughter told him no, he needed to rest. He hates missing school. He is afraid of getting behind in his work. Anyway...thank you...I have never heard of this and with such a high temp I was so worried.

Smiles R Free
My Love is the Freeway!
God is my Pilot!
Nancy

Reply Reply