It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
(male)

TrueDude HB User
Possible to increase symmetry over time?

Hello everyone, I am wondering: is it possible for your face to become more symmetrical with time? (with a positive change in health habits)

I went through a lot in my adolescence, and I was very self conscious about my looks and my identity as a guy. I was constantly trying to make my eyes, mouth and even nose different to look better or more manly. Basically, I changing the way I held my face to look like someone I wasn't. It wasn't until about a month ago that I really accepted myself and relaxed my face for the first time (other than sleeping) for 10 years. I just turned 21, but I was definitely a late bloomer

Completely relaxed my nose is crooked and my right jaw is much larger than the left. I feel like this may have been because I wasn't comfortable in my skin through development.

Now that I am relaxed, is there any way I could become more symmetrical as I get older? (I'm also exercising more and eating healthier).

The reason I ask this is because symmetry is the main sign of health and attractiveness. I know everyone is a little asymmetrical, but honestly, I look crooked. So, will I have to live with the scars (asymmetry) of my past even if I adopt a more healthy lifestyle now?

Reply Reply

Tags
development, face changes, stress