It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
(female)

Kass490 HB UserKass490 HB UserKass490 HB User
Strange privacy situation at chiropractor's office

Hi everyone,
I know the Hippah generally refers to medical information and records, OK? but I went to see my chiropractor in his new office yesterday and was very concerned for my PHYSICAL privacy.

I don't know what got into the man when he rented this space. It's not even set up like a doctor's space ( rent must be cheap as dirt)

So I walk in, just open the door and there's his desk and the chiropractic table; a chair next to his desk. While I was there not only did somebody just walk in twice on us....(luckily I wasn't on the table), but there is no waiting room nor any partition around the adjusting space, which, to me would be the bare minimum for privacy.
So, I locked the door after the second person opened it. I suggested to my Dr that he lock it when he was with a patient. At first, he pooh-poohed until I said "it's a privacy issue". That gave him pause.

I really am shocked that he picked such a non-professional space. If he wasn't such a great chiropractor I wouldn't #1- drive halfway across town to see him #-2 find somebody else.

It's not like you take your clothes off but I, frankly, don't want somebody watching me get adjusted and or chattering and distracting my doctor from a very precise procedure. It's costly and I want him to get it right.

Should I at least suggest he put a privacy curtain up around the adjusting area? I think a lot of his patients are going to have a hard time with this setup.

I really would go to somebody else with this situation as it is, but good chiros are very hard to find.
Anybody got any other ideas other than telling him he should move to more professional space? He probably took out a lease so I doubt that's an option

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User
Re: Strange privacy situation at chiropractor's office

I would be very uncomfortable with this. Did he say why he moved his office?

I hate to jump to conclusions but any chance he got into any trouble?

Sounds so strange and personally I wouldn't go back until I had more info.

Was it just you and him in the whole place?? No receptionist etc.??

Old 03-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
(female)

Sorry to be responding so late. for some reason, I'm not getting replies to my posts.
It's not that i don't trust him, I've known him for 30+ years.
It's that he doesn't seem to take the privacy issues seriously. + he had a beautiful, safe office building that he owned outright. He lost his tenants and decided to sell for some weird reason. He didn't tell me.
But it's NOT a doctor's office in any way. It looks more like a storage space or a place where the previous occupants keep their office machines. He seems pretty defensive about it and says he "loves it".
I wouldn't go back if he wasn't the absolute best chiropractor in town. I did send him an email to suggest a few things, but he seems pretty stubborn and I think he and his wife fought about this.
Maybe he's getting ready to retire and only wants to see his regular patients. I don't know.
It's the idea that he's not paying attention to the situation which could distract him in the middle of a precise adjustment that has me worried.
That and that it is SO far for me to drive.
It's a mess. I hope he realizes he needs to change some stuff or I'll just HAVE to see if I can find someone who uses his method of adjustment.
Thanks for answering

Old 03-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
(female)

twangy2 HB User

I would definitely not go back. Find another dr. To go to. Lot of weird one out there.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twangy2 View Post
I would definitely not go back. Find another dr. To go to. Lot of weird one out there.
Yeah, good doc are hard to find...and break in. Meanwhile you're paying them to figure you out.
I have found someone I hope will work. He's closer and uses the same techniques and is less expensive.
I seriously wonder what got into my other chiro that he thinks the equivalent of a broom closet is an appropriate doctor's office after the set up he had before...weird

Reply Reply

Tags
chiropractor, privacy concern, safety.