It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

canuck1 HB User
Partially dislocated little finger, loose tendon

For the past year and a half, my little finger, left hand has been injured about 6 times. Twice cracked. Once partially dislocated, medical treatment. Other injuries never treated. Since these incidents I have been having problems with this finger. As of the past few months, the middle joint has popped out of place three times now. First time was from a silly accident, 2nd, third time popped out of place easily. I did go to a walk in clinic that specializes in cuts, broken bones etc, sports medicine doctors. I recently went back in for a follow up, different doctor, not friendly. He felt around my finger and said that the tendon on the right side of my little finger is loose (side facing towards the ring finger) Took xrays, no broken bones.He buddy taped my fingers, I had a splint on previously. Anyways I go back in three weeks for follow up appt.

I figure physiotherapy will help strengthen that loose tendon, but someone told me, that physio will only help with mobility, prevent scar tissue and that I would likely need surgery to fix the loose tendon, to prevent future problems. I should mention that the top of my finger around middle joint and slightly to the side appears knobby.

Anyone experienced this before? What helped it?

Last edited by canuck1; 01-27-2007 at 07:42 PM.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
(male)

nhemi2 HB User
Re: Partially dislocated little finger, loose tendon

The finger probably looks knobby because of swelling that commonly occurs in and around the joint area following a dislocation. Usually splinting is the treatment of choice. Surgery is reserved for only the most serious cases due to cost and slightly higher risk.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
(female)

sgurga9509 HB User
Re: Partially dislocated little finger, loose tendon

I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. This is a hereitary condition in which there is a flaw in the collegen makeup. My ligaments and tendons stretch beyond their normal range and this causes my joints to dislocate all the time. I have had 11 surgeries on my knees, shoulders, thumb and other joints. Do you have any other joints that dislocate other than your fingers?

Last edited by sgurga9509; 04-12-2007 at 02:56 PM.

Closed Thread