It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
(male)

ianfitzy HB User
Shoulder Injury

A few months ago while using the nautilus chest press, while on the decline part of the rep (not pushing out), something in my shoulder kinda popped and popped back in and it lost strength momentarily for a second. It became somewhat stiff for a minute or two after until I had to stretch it out again to gain full movement.

It has happened I think 2 other times since, once when I was playing football and someone ran into my shoulder and another when I was doing a lightweight bench press. I have full movement in it and it only hurts for a minute or two after it happens and then it is fine again.

The only other odd thing I have noticed is that the muscle over my shoulder blade, I believe deltoid sticks up more so than the non injured shoulder. Almost seems to be a little more space in the injured shoulder between the muscle and shoulder. I was wondering if I should be worried about the injury? Any ideas what it is?

Last edited by moderator2; 01-03-2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures for any reason - as per the posting polic

Old 01-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
Re: Shoulder Injury

Hi,

I have a shoulder injury too, I dislocated my shoulder twice due to bad exercising. I think your situation is like me. Your shoulder got dislocated and got into place again. The same happend to me, I think you need to your a dr and he might ask you for an MRI and you might need a surgery to fix it.

Anyway, I will not have this surgery. It's very expenisve and I don't have health insurance. Instead I'm being very careful about how to move and workout, I do use dumbbells but I'm being very careful about it. My shoulder is getting stronger, the muscles, but the problem is the ligaments. The surgery fixes the ligaments.
Michael

The Following User Says Thank You to cartner For This Useful Post:
kolbrun2606 (08-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread