It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
(female)

ThanksGymClass HB User
Shoulder Sprain from Badminton?

Yesterday, I was playing badminton, and I went all out. It was a great game, and I came away feeling tired, but with no muscle soreness. Then, last night, I first began to feel pain in my shoulder. Today it increased to the point where it hurts really bad to lift moderately heavy things or to raise my arm directly up. It also hurts when I'm not moving it periodically, especially when I have my arm straight down. I'm not sure if this is just because I'm not used to such a wide range of movement, or if I sprained or tore my muscle. What do you think? Is it common to feel this sore from badminton, so soon (I usually don't get sore from excessive arm movement until at least 24 hours later, if at all, but this time, it only took about 10 hours). What can I do to alleviate the pain? I would rather not go to the emergency room, it being Christmas. However, if you think the pain will intensify, I'd rather get this taken care of now, before Christmas day. It's not that horrible pain, it's just a bit incoveniencing when I'm trying to lift something, and I don't want it to get worse. I'm more concerned about long term pain from not treating it than the pain I'm in now. But then again, I think it might just be from me moving muscles I'm not used to. What do you think?

Reply Reply