It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
(male)

Ivan Scott HB User
Upper abdomin pain, bloating and blood in saliva?

Hello im 33 and i have been having this issue in full force since last year summer 2009. I like to work out and everything and im a very active person who likes to go out n stuff. But lately i have been really playing homebody because this crazy issue now wont quit.

Ok the history lesson on me. Basically i used to drink a lot. Partying that is. Or casually drink after work with friends and also at home to relax with a Guiness beer. I started drinkin pretty heavy starting the year 2004. A lot of things happened in my life and me breaking up with my ex was one of em. So to get over her i would party a whole lot and be at every single party event. My crew drinks and so did i. So i think this may have to be the main factor in my new problem now.

late 2008 i stopped drinking like that all together just cause. But in late 2007 i first noticed something that i didnt pay much attention to. After a long night of drinking, coming home wasted id wake up to some serious problems. My throat would be hella dry. heart rate beating way heavier than usual. Face extra pale and there would be blood in my spit. So ever since then i pretty much stopped drinking like that period. it was rare if i did. so in 2008 it came to a full halt officially. Anyway in 2009 thats when these symptoms started coming on Even tho i wasnt drinking.

-Heavy heart rate (pulsing) if someone startled me out of my sleep or if my alarm went off and i had to get up for work. i would have to lay there to catch my breath and drink hella water like i was drinking the whole night before and i wasnt at all.

-When i started working out during the spring of 2009 i started having bad heart palpatations. flip floppy. for at least 5 to 10 mins. so bad i would have to sit in the floor breathing very slow n drinking water. It would even happen when i got upset. Mind you im only 33

-Blood become a normal factor in my saliva in the mournings. Or if my upper stomach was in pain and bloated.

-If i got upset i would taste blood in my mouth. sometimes light, sometimes blood red or sometimes tissuey (like broken vessels) and even dark.

-Cant take the heat like i used to before cuz my heart would flip flop. Cant take the cold either like im anemic now.

-Dizzy spells sometimes waking up or standing up after sitting down. With Blood in saliva.

With all this being said i finally went to the Hospital and had various test done. I even took a new HIV test to be sure. My girl was like ??? on that but i didnt care cuz im only with her and i wanted to be extra sure it wasnt somethin else. So i got the bloodwork for thyroid. Clear. Test for HIV. Negative. Heart check & echogram and Sono. Clear and no abnomalities. Stomach xray. No tumors and no signs of Ulcers or Cancer. Clear. BUT! there was one small thing the 2nd DR noticed after coming back again that the 1st Dr failed to tell me. That my liver level count was a lil high. So what does that mean?

I read that you can get cancer from over drinking thru the years too. They are trying to label it as bad case of GERD or Acid Reflux. Giving me those annoying pills that made me feel hella dizzy and anxious. Nexium. That alone was triggering off a very old problem i havent had since i was 26 and that was Panic attacks. So i stopped using it. But Scarey thing is i have friends who have acid reflux bad and they never spit up blood like i do now. So im worried about liver cancer. Right now i want a 2nd opinion from another hospital to be sure cuz this hospital i saw seemed like they were hittin n missin.

Its never good to just have Blood in your saliva every other day weather you are eating or not like me. PLus the heart pulses and palpations that keeps me in agony also. Thats the real thing i dont like out of all of em. i had panic attacks eons ago and this dont feel like one. my chest aches a bit with that blood in saliva. Thats not panic at all.

So what could it be? im like lost right now

Last edited by Ivan Scott; 05-25-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB User
Re: Upper abdomin pain, bloating and blood in saliva?

I see nobody has replied to your post so I'll give it a shot with the disclaimer that I am not a physician or attempting to provide medical advice.

Blood from the GI tract can be caused by many factors. One of them could be cancer, but you could also be suffering from irritation, gastritis or an ulcer. All these condidtions should be checked by a physician even if they are not immediately life threatening.

Alcohol can be very irritating to the stomach. So is smoking, coffee, milk products, etc. You may have to take inventory of what you are putting in your mouth for a while to eliminate all the irritants. There are natural remedies that you can try to help soothe your digestive system, but none will help if you drink alcohol or smoke to excess.

These are all suggestions you may wish to look at, but my most important suggestion is to have a discussion with your medical doctor to see if further testing needs to be done.

By the way, blood in your saliva or mouth can also come from your respiratory system, i.e., lungs, bronchial tubes, etc. Again, it is very important to check with a physician to make sure there isn't an underlying serious condition.

Best wishes.

Rose

Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
(male)

Lech2001 HB User
Re: Upper abdomin pain, bloating and blood in saliva?

Was wondering if you ever found out what the issue was. I have identical symptoms and have had them for a while any help would be greatly appreciated

Reply Reply