It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
(female)

CreedFan99 HB User
Question Spiral Fracture of Fibula - Should I argue?

Unfortunately, in the past two weeks, I've learned a couple of things. First, mud + slope + darkness = slipping and falling, and that first bone breaks hurt!

I went to the ER the night it happened (about 10 days ago), and they x-rayed about an inch or two above my ankle, revealing the spiral fracture, put me in a splint, 4 days later, in a knee-to-toe cast. Just went back for a follow-up x-ray today, and they say in 3 weeks a boot might be possible.

Now, I'm not an orthopaedic surgeon, but I told the ER docs, and I told the ortho people when they casted me, and when they x-rayed me today, that something was wrong w/ the top part of my foot. It hurts badly to press on it, or when I curl my toes completely, always in the exact same spot. I'm afraid there's another broken bone in there, but they just won't x-ray it!

I've heard everything from it's the swelling, to it's blood pooling in the area, keep it elevated, and they don't listen when I say it happens when it's elevated too. Is it because they just know better, or they're being lazy? Should I go to another ortho or am I just being paranoid?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread