It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
(male)

GrunMann HB User
MCP joint locking after trauma. xrayed/no bone damage.

So basically im experiencing pain and loss of mobility in the MCP joint of my 4th metacarpal on my left hand.

I caught it in my pocket walking through my living room, and had to pop it back in place and hold it for a min so it would stay there. Since then it hasnt moved much; it cant flex all the way to make a fist nor can it extend all the way. Also, when i try to extend the finger it locks at the top of its range of motion just before the knuckle seems to go down in a jerking motion then returning to somewhat normal.

I went and got it xrayed at urgent care, it showed nothing worng with the bones that were involved but the joint seems a little smaller than before; I have an xray of the other hand from 6 months ago to compare.......

Urgent care said nothing was wrong with me and sent me on my way, so I asked them for the xrays and took them to ortho surgeon who i dont have an appointment with for 2 weeks.

Im wondering if anyone knows what the hell i messed up in my hand and how i should take care of it til i go see the doc.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
(male)

GrunMann HB User
Re: MCP joint locking after trauma. xrayed/no bone damage.

Hey thanks for the reply,

Yea that brace sounds like a good idea to help when i sleep. And it'll keep me from using the hand too much because im terrible with that. I had to have pins inserted with a k-wire when i had my mallet fingers repaired due to me moving too much. o.o

Now im off to the med shoppe.

Thanks again.
-Casey

If anyone else wants to give me some info please reply.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread