It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
(female)

stillsoretoe HB User
Question Broke toe 6 months ago - still having issues

Hi all, I'm hoping somebody can help...

In August 2010 I broke the joint that connects my middle toe with my foot and I am still having problems with it - and now also with my feet!

The following October, I RE-broke the same fracture (had new x-rays etc) and healing seems to be taking forever.

Now I can walk short distances without too much of a limp, but I think the injury may have changed the way I walk because now I can't walk for longer than an hour (slowly) because both of my feet (especially the one with the broken toe) swell up like crazy and become painful to walk on - even when I wear supportive, comfortable shoes.

I'm very frustrated and want to know if there is anything I can do to speed the healing and prevent my feet from swelling. Other than the toe, I'm in good health, not overweight, and before I was injured I exercised regularly.

I'm travelling (long-term) at the moment and have already racked up a lot of expenses on my travel insurance on this injury! So I'll be grateful for any advice you can give me! I'm keen to plan the next stage of my trip (Himalayas) - but I'm worried I won't be able to go on day-long walks, let alone week-long treks!

Thanks in advance. X-ray image attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toecircled.jpg (59.0 KB, 4 views)

Closed Thread