It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
(male)

stevieg6363 HB User
Rapidly Developing Joint Pain in Many Areas

I am a pretty healthy male aged 47. I began walking anywhere from 5 to 7 miles about 3 weeks ago. Everything was fine until my last walk (about one and a half weeks ago). The next day, the outer heal and ankle of both feet were incredibly sensitive and I was feeling a lot of pain. Within days I was feeling the pain in my toes, the pads of my feet, and my knees. Most recently it has escalated to the bones and joints of my fingers, pad of my hands, wrists and elbows. It appears to be symmetrical. Ibuprofen helps to take the edge off the pain enough to wear I can walk without much discomfort. However, as I type this, I cannot make a complete fist in either hand without experiencing extreme pain. The areas are also very painful to mild pressure exerted in certain areas of what appears to be mostly bone.

Needless to say, this has me a bit worried and is impacting my ability to do many things. Any clues out there??

Old 09-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Rapidly Developing Joint Pain in Many Areas

I suppose it could be a few things....just running with some suggestions:

-cutting back on carbs and not having enough food energy

-low in vitamin D, not enough calcium/magnesium

-shoes without enough support

-new shoes that are shaped on the sole

-the exercise might have triggered a response in your immune system.

-you picked up a virus

-you might be in the early stages of arthritis

It's definitely best to see your doctor and explain what's happening so that you can have, at the very least, blood testing for inflammation, D/B/calcium/potassium/sodium, etc levels.

Since your hands are being affected, it's not just your feet, but some other health issues and medications can affect joints.

Anything else you have health-wise?
Have you changed your diet?

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread