It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
(male)

ts14fan HB User
Couple of Neck/cirvical related questions

I'm sorry for the long post, I felt more information I could give would be more helpful.

Hi, I was injured back in the end of March of this year when while working on a car, the hood support failed and the hood came down on the back of my skull giving me a moderate concussion, as well as a cut. I was told by my manager I didn't need immediate medial treatment, to go home and rest and then go to the company doctor the next day. I understand I should've persisted, but I was going in and out and hazy at the time.

The next day I went to the doctor (I'll leave them nameless). Told them what happened, and the doctor said I had a moderate concussion, and whiplash without ordering an xray or any further testing. They then sent me home and said come back in a week after tehy gave me prescription for pain killers(don't remember what). During this week, my neck and severe headaches/migraines got worse, went back and told them. I've been kept off work since then for severe headaches/migraines, vertigo, and other Post concussion symptoms while still complaining about sever neck pain and not receiving anything but muscle relaxants for the pain.

Finally, and I swear I'm telling the truth nearly 6-7 months later, he ordered xray's and found that my cervical spine curvature was backwards, and ordered another MRI for the skull and neck area. This then relieved that I had an Cervical Fracture that had "healed" as well as and I'll list whats on the report.

"Endplate osteophytes are present at C6-7. Multilevel loss of disc space height and disc desiccation are present"(Just curious if someone could put this in laymans terms please)

It goes on to read.
C2-3: No herniated disc. Posterior annular tear. Widely patent spinal canal or neural foramina.

C3-4: No posterior herniated disc. Posterior annular tear. Widely patent spinal canal or neural foramina

C4-5: Tiny posterior herniated disc. Posterior annular tear. A widely patent spinal canal or neural foramina

C5-6: Tiny Posterior herniated disc. Posterior annular tear. Widely patent spinal canal and neural foramina

C6-7: Minimal posterior bulging/herniated disc. Posterior annular tear. Widely patent spinal and neural foramina

C7-T1: No posterior herniated disc.

impression
1. Small multilevel posterior herniated discs. Multilevel degenerative disc disease. Widely patent spinal canal and neural foramina.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I've never once ever hurt my neck. In the past 6 months, I've had bulging and herniated disc's. I went through a vigorous physical therapy session for almost a month and a half with this, is there possible permanent damage done by not being in a brace, or missing this completely for that long?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread