It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

gotlife123 HB User
Shoulder Dislocation still hurts after 8 months... depressed

Hello all,

Shoulder dislocated using a 75lb weight. To make matters worse I moved furniture on it a few days later...

Then everything went to hell, I did several x rays which were 100 percent normal followed by an mri which was 100 percent normal aside from a tendonitis signal in the supraspinatus tendon which is no big deal...

well on to the depressing part...

I waited months and months... Finally the pain stopped... I found myself moving my arm pretty much pain free except in a few positions... So I thought wow... it is time for PT... lets strengthen this area. after 3 sessions my shoulder felt even better...

I was happy... and now...

after 5 .. the front of the joint is a bit inflamed and hurts and aches ... as is the back of the scapula...

It all started after I did work with an new therapist who pushed on my arm as I was instructed to hold it in place in different positions.. well now the pain is horrible again..

I have the weekend off and monday I go in tuesday.. I was thinking of suggesting ultrasound on the scapula to help heal that area ... But I refuse to do certain exercises..

when they started me out with the rubber band it was perfect.. but now I hurt.

I am to the point of breaking down in tears and hurting my self... because I cannot lift weights any more... this is so sad...

i have been waiting for months and months and months... and it did feel better. I even have a full range of motion (with pain).

what do I do... Quit physical therapy and just let months pass and assume it will go back to not hurting and then exercise it myself with what I have learned....?

Ressume physical therapy and tell them what has happened and ask why arent they using ultra sound?

finally I am sad I am depressed I want to cry and let it all out... I want to bash my head in ... the gym was my life... and my arm gave out...

No I have not had surgery or seen and orthopedic follow up after PT yet...

should I just drag my sorry *** into a hospital right now ... and be like FIX ME PLEASE CUT MY ARM OPEN AND JUST REATTACH WHAT IS ****** UP ...

This is getting too hard and I want out... imagine loving something a sport an activity life itself and then having it taken away in your early 20s after college when everything is supposed to be perfect because your in your prime....

someone please give me some good advice... I try getting the girl I am seeing to comfort me but to her it is a sign of weakness and she wants none of it.. but my arm feels like someone is yanking it off ... in the front area of the subscapularis and in the back muscles of the scapula...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
(female)

les17 HB User
Re: Shoulder Dislocation still hurts after 8 months... depressed

I highly recommend you find another orthopedic surgeon that specializes in shoulders. On January 26th I had shoulder surgery (previously had surgery on same shoulder 3 yrs ago) and the MRI that was performed before only showed bruising of the bursitis and tons of inflammation. The Dr knew by my examine in the office that there was more damage than the MRI showed. After surgery I found out that the mri missed showing a bone spur, I ripped out an anchor from my previous surgery and I had tons of frayed tissue that had to be removed.

I re-injured my shoulder working out and doing pushups, so I know how depressing and hard it can be not being able to workout! Hang in there and get a 2nd opinion to find out and treat the the real problem with your shoulder!

Leslie

Old 05-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
(male)

Help4OldMan HB User
Re: Shoulder Dislocation still hurts after 8 months... depressed

Dislocations are serious. Have you tried icing the crap out of your shoulder yet? Put a thin layer of something between your skin and the ice so you don't burn your skin with the ice.

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-11-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Closed Thread